Quantcast

new here

soul embrace

Chimp
Aug 30, 2008
decatur, alabama
hey all

i'm new here (just signed up today) and new to mountain bikes. bought my first one thursday to ride on trails and around town. i went with a trek 3700 for my beginner's bike. so far i like it i've done rode about 8-10 miles in the past two days. i need to make a few adjustments cause i keep getting this tingle/numb feeling after about a 1.5 miles. not really sure what i need to adjust though. i don't know if it's something not set right or if it's because i haven't rode a bike for about 7-9 years. if you can help me with what i should do to get rid of the tingle/numb feeling will be great!!

the last bike i owned was a racing style bike so i'm going to have to learn which gears is the best for which situation.

-soul

metalchef87

Chimp
Aug 24, 2008
Berea, Kentucky
What type of shorts/pants are you wearing while riding? Most pants have seams that run down the crotch area and when you ride your bike you are sitting on the seams, which causes the numb feeling. So one way you can take care of that is to either buy some cycling shorts which are designed without seams in the wrong areas, plus they have padding in the correct areas. Or you can try to wear some loose basketball shorts and shift them to the side just a little. Hope this helps.

icon27

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
Longmont Colorado
gloves can help. Seat height and angle can also be a issue. the higher the seat the more pressure on your hands. ask your bike shop that you got it from to adjust it for you.