Quantcast

New Keystone DH Trail Under Construction

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is this new trail the same as the Snake River Mtn Challenge DH course from last August? Or brand new of the spanking variety?

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
F.T., if it's what I think it is; the new trail is supposed to connect the end of motorhead to the beginning of wild thing.

Matt Sutton

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Silverthorne, CO
The new trail is in the same area as the race course from last year but its goes into the woods in several areas, the water bars will be bridged, there will be big table tops, and a hundred foot bridge section threw the trees before wild thing. Its going to be fast with with some techie sections in the woods. It will be fun.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Please please please make some bigger drops (I'm not much of a table top/kicker jump fan, but that may change). I'm a season pass holder to Keystone and go up there randomly throughout the week. I can't get to Vail as quick (hence Keystone) and would love some more variety to the mountain. Wall rides would be a bonus too!

Thanks for putting this together!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
they were building a schleyer drop clone to the left of the lift when I was there sunday. looked pretty cool.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
dan-o said:
they were building a schleyer drop clone to the left of the lift when I was there sunday. looked pretty cool.
Pardon my ignorance; what's a scheyer drop?

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Ah, thanks Masa. I had a hard time picturing it; since Richey Schley has hit about 47,345 drops in his lifetime, I couldn't pick just one out, for comparison.

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
That is the big drop under the lifts on the trail named Schleyer in Whistler, very fun.

I am getting excited, Keystone should be even more fun this year. I will be there in two weeks. If you guys see any pics of the new stuff let me know, I would love to get a preview!

Masa

Chimp
Aug 24, 2003
Renegade said:
Ah, thanks Masa. I had a hard time picturing it; since Richey Schley has hit about 47,345 drops in his lifetime, I couldn't pick just one out, for comparison.
You'er welcome. Schley is a trail designer/builder at Whistler, and he built this trail called Schleyer, the photo is the biggest drop of that trail, so I would assume it's the Schleyer drop.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sorry for being vague, the photo shows what I was referring to as being built at Keystone.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
No problem. It's just that so many of us are starving for more good dh trails, that we want every detail of what's being built.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
About 1/2 way up, on left side of lift the new DH trail with the mentioned drop comes out of the woods. Like the pictured drop from whistler, you can either roll it down a wood tranny or boost it and land further down the tranny or possibly on the dirt run out below it. I have no idea where the trail goes from there, since it didn't exist the day I was at Keystone.

dowend

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
I rode it this weekend. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but wasn't bad. It's very fast and generally goes down hill. It's starts on Motor Head just before it intersects with TnT. It drops down through some trees out onto a ski run. You hit some fast off chamber turns then a wooden jump in the middle of the ski run. Then you cut through some trees and hit a twisty/curvy bridge ride that spits you back out onto the ski run. After some more high speed ski run you go into some more trees and hit the "Schley" drop (nice a floaty!) back out onto the ski run for some more fast turns. It's back into the trees for a bidge section with a left turn in the middle and either a drop or roll down at the end. That dumps you onto the trail a couple of turns above Wild Thing. :love:

Anybody take any pictures?