Quantcast

New paint job for Velocity Girls helmet

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
trucker i forgot that YOU were the original pink-o-later with your Gorgeous Don's uber pinkness. in that case, of course....i love pink. (how's that for some sucking up?) btw, i read somewhere that you were considering dropping the pink jerseys'. don't drop the pink. pink is where it's at man. wasn't spomely recently quoted as saying "pink is the new black?"

velocity, and the rest of the western hunnies, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with logistics of getting y'all back east, either for a nat or playtime. (of course sweetie pies are welcome too.) stuff like lodging, local transportation, bike shipping/receiving.

talk has started about some pinko's hitting mammoth. are you guys doing that trip too?

wait! is this a major thread derailment or what?!? sometimes i forget about tread-iquette.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
You east coast hunnies are so nice! I also wish I was going over there for vermont and west virginia, but that whole surgery thing ate up way too much money! Will you gals be at the championship race in mammoth?

Hey VG-I showed Dave this thread and told him I wanted a custom helmet too, and he is now using it as a motivational tool. He said I can't get one until I place top 15 at a national. :( I may never get my pretty helmet!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
*%#@##%*ing medical bills!! well...at least they fixed you up, eh? griz and i started preliminary daydreaming about heading to mammoth champ race. i plan on dragging her to a few other western goodies, but she doesn't know it yet. hehe.

if i may butt in here....dh diva, you WILL get a pretty helmet cuz you WILL place top 15 at a nat. wax on wax off mr. daniel san.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I for sure will be at Durango, Idaho, and mammoth so if you or griz are going to any of those, be sure and let me know so we can meet up. You guys should definetely go to mammoth! That venue is so much fun and the courses are great, so start planning that trip!

P.S. Mr. Miagi is cool. :)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by DH Diva
You east coast hunnies are so nice! I also wish I was going over there for vermont and west virginia, but that whole surgery thing ate up way too much money! Will you gals be at the championship race in mammoth?

Hey VG-I showed Dave this thread and told him I wanted a custom helmet too, and he is now using it as a motivational tool. He said I can't get one until I place top 15 at a national. :( I may never get my pretty helmet!
I definitely think you can do it :D :D

(But you could tell him that it would help motivate you to hit that top 15 if you had a cool new helmet ;) )

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
VG-I see you are a master at the fine art of "boyfriend reverse psycology!" That doesn't really work on Dave anymore! I have argued that point already and was shot down. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to figure out how to ride fast, and if getting a cute custom painted helmet is my motivation then so be it! ;)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by DH Diva
VG-I see you are a master at the fine art of "boyfriend reverse psycology!" That doesn't really work on Dave anymore! I have argued that point already and was shot down. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to figure out how to ride fast, and if getting a cute custom painted helmet is my motivation then so be it! ;)
Heh.....VG didn't have to use that mumbo jumbo crap on me. It's what she wanted so I wanted her to have it!:D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
"Heh.....VG didn't have to use that mumbo jumbo crap on me"

See, it's working so well you don't even realize she's doing it! ;)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Helmet arrived yesterday......WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Very happy :D

The background blend of all the different colors and the colors where the girls are shooting up is awesome!!! And the Velocity Girl on the front almost looks like a custom made sticker on there...but with that cartoon feel....very cool!!!!

I'll post some pics of me in it after this weekend!!! :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
so happy you dig your new lid velocity. i don't know if griz is feeling any better today as she was out sick yesterday. but i know she'll be so relieved you are pleased.

can't wait for the ride pics. i hope the new lid makes you go faster stronger and smoother. or at least makes you feel that way. ;) have fun.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
sweet. how is it those little squooshers are so damn cute but still look so fierce?!!

still looking forward to the action photos.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by chromegoddess
sweet. how is it those little squooshers are so damn cute but still look so fierce?!!

still looking forward to the action photos.
Hehehe..that's exactly what I love about them :D

Reminds me of when I was younger and would try and play all bad and tough so I could play with my brother and his friends! :p

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Helmet arrived yesterday......WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Very happy :D

The background blend of all the different colors and the colors where the girls are shooting up is awesome!!! And the Velocity Girl on the front almost looks like a custom made sticker on there...but with that cartoon feel....very cool!!!!

I'll post some pics of me in it after this weekend!!! :D
the girls look awesome! wow, i love the detail - The Velocity Girl badge is great too. Did you take pics of you riding in it?? Tana would probably love to see them as well. Sad that I won't be able to see it in person - the Idaho race would be fun, but chances are I won't be there. If any of you come to the East...you must let Chromegoddess and I know - as she said, if we can be of any help...

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Well, the helmet definitely caught alot of people's attention this weekend :D It got lots of compliments, from both the gals and the guys!

If it weren't for one of the guys racing in a pink tutu, I think I would have won the award for "attention whore" this weekend :p

(In case you're wondering, there are pics in the Pacific Northwest forum of Bibs racing in the pink tutu....I believe it was due to a bet of some sort that he lostquite the show I must say!!!!)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Well, the helmet definitely caught alot of people's attention this weekend :D It got lots of compliments, from both the gals and the guys!

If it weren't for one of the guys racing in a pink tutu, I think I would have won the award for "attention whore" this weekend :p

(In case you're wondering, there are pics in the Pacific Northwest forum of Bibs racing in the pink tutu....I believe it was due to a bet of some sort that he lostquite the show I must say!!!!)
Me and the attention whore of the weekend. :D

He made a bet with me 2 seasons ago....he lost and never payed up. Originally it was to be either big bar ends or tassels at the next race. I figured I would be up for it if I lost (I won that race day) He never payed up so I let it out about the bet to his friends and other racers and over the winter the tassels or bar ends turned into a Pink Tutu (tassels with interest? :D )

Bibs(fellow monkey was a good sport) Everyoen was waiting for his next run. :)

Rhino and Bibs

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
sweet! ride shots with the helmy!!! i'll see about getting some shots of griz w/hers this weekend at the snow race.

you're right freak, it doesn't quite stick out enough to see the detail. maybe velociy should slow down some. haha. i love that second launch shot. wheeeeeee!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by Freak
I don't think Velocity Girls helmet sticks out enough!!

I dunno...I think it definitely sticks out - maybe not as much as a tutu, but who else had that shade of pink on their helmet screaming down the mnt? I can't believe you all are racing on dry ground. That will be the east coast in like...5 months. So jealous.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by grizgal
I dunno...I think it definitely sticks out - maybe not as much as a tutu, but who else had that shade of pink on their helmet screaming down the mnt? I can't believe you all are racing on dry ground. That will be the east coast in like...5 months. So jealous.
It rained/snowed there the day before.....the ground was moist. It is like packed sand. Super fast for the trail when everthing is set. Actually had a little dust on the shuttle road....but perfect conditions everywhere else.

In a month when we go back there it will be dry, yellowed, and absent of moisture. :(

There sould be a foot of snow there and as soon as it melted it would look like that. My GF is in PA and said teh weather was awsome last weekend.....the snow is pretty much gone etc.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by grizgal
That's only because all the races are in Eastern Washington! It is a treat though to come home with dust on the bike instead of mud :p

tenille

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
purgatory
i have a major case of helmet envy! nice pics velocitygirl! can't wait until GGG this weekend to get some more play time on my new rig.