Quantcast

new ride this year..2013 podium vs devinci wilson carbon

Manifesto

Monkey
Aug 16, 2009
your moms basement
I have friends with 2012 models of these bikes. The Wilson rides more centrally where as the podium is more over the back. My riding style involves a lot of plowing so the knolly would be my first choice, not saying that the Wilson can't plow because it certainly can, I just dislike the riding position it forces you to use. Try to get them both for a day on your local hill

invol2ver

Chimp
Aug 23, 2010
really. i would of thought the podium would be a central riding position coming from my chilcotin. good to know

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well the Devinci has 50% more DW (it's hard to quantify, might be more like 59%) but he's only attached at the legs so it's not 100% tactical DW.

I suggest you buy the one with the largest breasts.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Ironically, the one called the Podium hasn't been on the WC podium. I haven't tried the Podium but the Wilson is a seriously nice bike. Riding position is neutral (personally, I like) and it corners like it's on rails, but the BB isn't super duper low (like my Demo). The suspension is spot on-the bike feels bottomless, it handles the rough admirably, and it manages to remain pretty composed when you're mashing on your pedals and jamming your brakes. It's definitely more on the plow spectrum of bikes (I could be biased, my Demo pops like crazy) but it's not the most dead feeling, ground hugging bike around-that award goes to the M9 or V10 in their big travel modes. Plus, it's built like a tank and while weight was a definite minus with the alu version, the carbon bike looks like it has addressed that issue. Finally, Devinci has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
how does the wilson feel in the air and on the gas?
The Wilson pedals really well compared to my Demo, but then again FSR isn't so great, so take my comment for what it's worth. I remember that my Sunday pedaled really well, but I haven't ridden it recently so I can't really say with great certainly whether the Wilson pedaled better or worse. However, I'd say that they were comparable. In terms of jumping, the Wilson takes some effort to get in the air, though it's not terrible in the pop department. Once in the air, the Wilson felt a bit more difficult to whip around than my Demo, but it was by no means a slouch. I have no idea how much the bike weighed but I'm guessing it was a bit heavier, and I think the rear chainstays are considerably longer than my Demo. Those may be contributing factors to making it more sluggish in the air.