Quantcast

New rider from NC

EnlistedX

Chimp
Aug 15, 2008
Pfafftown. NC
Hello All,

My name is Ryan and I live in Pfaftown NC. I'm 30 years young and been married for ten years with two wonderful children.

I'm new to the cycling scene and I think I have found my new hobby with MTB's. I have been a police officer for the Winston-Salem Police Department for the past seven years. The past couple of years I have found myself getting lazy because of my other hobby which is web graphic design and graphic art... More than that it's a definite risk getting out of shape in my job field.

Finding myself looking back to my childhood and remembering all the great times I had on a bike I though why not give it another shot. I recently bought my mountain bike (2008 Trek 3700 / I had to start somewhere..lol) and I am loving every minute of it. At 5'10 and reaching a nasty max weight of 260 (currently 245) I think this will definitely help loose some unwanted dangerous pounds.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone... maybe I will learn a thing or two while I am here.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Welcome.

As an old man who spends most of his time designing in a chair at an ad agency, my bike is a great release from the BS that goes with that career choice.

We have another family man chubby cop here too. PM Manimal, and I'm sure he'll help ya with any questions.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I have been a police officer for the Winston-Salem Police Department for the past seven years..
well i cant say im not surprised to see a mountain biking cop. especially in that area. Im from high point and ride down town ws occasionally , and have been chased off multiple times by your coworkers, but no hard feelings because ive seen the damage caused by the skater/bmx punks.

so anyways theres loads of great places to ride in our area (i assume you want to avoid the killer hp/ws/gso downtown urban spots) but as far as trails go theres salem lake backwoods (xc/dj) country park freestyle park and trails (dj/fr and xc) northwood trails (xc/fr/ns) hobby park (dj/xc) and last but not least owls roost (xc/xc/xc/xc/xc)