Quantcast

New Rotec Color!

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey fellow monkeys, whats everyone thought on this new color from Rotec (thats me btw)?

Seems to be well recieved so far but only in limited qtys here in Washington state. I did it as a lark but everyone seems to dig it.

Thoughts please.......

Attachments

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Nope, team colors are Orange like Alfs demo medium (he's getting a proper Large this week. Sanjays will be Orange as well, but in Small unless he decides otherwise.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
If you go to our website, www.roteccycles.com and check out the gallery you'll have a better view.

It almost appears to be anodized but its just a chrome base with a blue clearcoat (powdercoat).

Click on the pic, then click it again for XL view

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
looks good, although I'd choose a better color than pink for the graphics, do something that kind of matches the fork, like white or something for the graphics.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I like it Sully, keep up the good work my man, I'm psyched for you.

Dave

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Beautiful bike, ugly color combo (IMHO). I think I have seen that combo on a bike at Wal Mart recently. Just somthing about it that doesn't rate the quality that the R9 is.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Thanks for the comments regarding the color..............

As for the pink, theirs actually no pink in the graphics its
just the way it came out looking like in the pics.

The graphics have red, black and white around the borders
with orange in the center.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
John Sullivan` said:
Hey fellow monkeys, whats everyone thought on this new color from Rotec (thats me btw)?

Seems to be well recieved so far but only in limited qtys here in Washington state. I did it as a lark but everyone seems to dig it.

Thoughts please.......
Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
I like the background colors but I like single color schemes for the decals better than the multi color. I would go with silver or white decals for the blue frame, red or black for the white frame and black for the orange frame. Other than that the bike looks awesome. Any chance you'll be through Eastern Washington for a demo tour?

SJ

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
I'm not sure about the Beacon events but Silver Mt. during their Silverrox event might be a good event for some inland nortwest exposure.

SJ

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
John Sullivan` said:
Went to www.silvermt.com but saw no ref to any summer activities as they are on winter mode.

I'll do some more digging........

I'd like to race that event this year as longggggg downhill runs are always cool!
Sully, you gotta venture to Mt Wa this summer! Go for the Tripple Throw Down. Awesome race, multi events, and lots of non race riding availble. I missed last year, but am makign a point for it this year....

the DH course was one of the best Ive ever ridden.....long too.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
oly said:
Sully, you gotta venture to Mt Wa this summer! Go for the Tripple Throw Down. Awesome race, multi events, and lots of non race riding availble. I missed last year, but am makign a point for it this year....

the DH course was one of the best Ive ever ridden.....long too.
They've got 2 races that I know about going on this year....A Canada Cup race and a BC Cup race...CA Cup July 29 - 30 BC Cup Aug 26 - 27

Oly....is the Tripple Throw Down one of those or is it a different date??? Cause I'd be interested in that!

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
John Sullivan` said:
Went to www.silvermt.com but saw no ref to any summer activities as they are on winter mode.

I'd like to race that event this year as longggggg downhill runs are always cool!
Yeah, nothing on the website this time of year but I'm sure there will be soon. Lots of bike time for the money at Silver with lots of variety on one run.

SJ

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Love the bike, but the blue seems a bit too bright. I went and looked on the website and have to stand by my opinion. I think a little more navy and a little less royal, and it would look great. Granted I really liked it in orange, so I'm already biased.

I have to agree that it looked a bit 'walmart-ish' with the decals. It's not an insult, just criticism. Otherwise, it looks beautiful, and I'd love to demo one someday. Keep up the good work.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey Peter6061,
Nothing but love for your thoughts......trust me, not offended at all!

I wish I had some on the east coast but no luck yet. Sold quite a few here on the west coast though as well as my team riders rides so theirs quite a presense already.

The orange is my fav as well and as for the decals......well thats an evolving thing as well. Still growing that aspect of the look for the brand.

Its tough because I do all the graphic designs (concepts) myself and quite frankly I'am not much of a graphic designer of sorts so that end of the bike to me seems to suffer.

Personally it all looks good to me but then again......

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
John Sullivan` said:
Hey Peter6061,
Nothing but love for your thoughts......trust me, not offended at all!

I wish I had some on the east coast but no luck yet. Sold quite a few here on the west coast though as well as my team riders rides so theirs quite a presense already.

The orange is my fav as well and as for the decals......well thats an evolving thing as well. Still growing that aspect of the look for the brand.

Its tough because I do all the graphic designs (concepts) myself and quite frankly I'am not much of a graphic designer of sorts so that end of the bike to me seems to suffer.

Personally it all looks good to me but then again......

I actually like the blue alot and I am loving the new frame design Sully. If only I didn't take this stupid job in DE and had to pay rent, I would have had a bit more expendable coin that I could have put towards one of those rigs. Maybe next year.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Sweet rig. Any chance I can demo one for the season? I promise to give it back at the end of the year...

:love:

John Sullivan` said:

edit: Forgot to mention - our team is sponsored by Silver Mt., so I can hook you up with all the contact info you need for it. I got distracted by the pretty bike.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
John Sullivan` said:
Radarr, contact info for upcoming event and all around riding would be great!

When is the next event? Do you have dates?
I'll talk to my cap today and get all the info for ya.

Next event won't be until the snowpack is dead and gone - probably April at the soonest.

What I do know about this year is that there has been a lot of shifting of positions up there. As it stands, there should be a full-time trail crew that will cut trails 40 hours a week for the first 2 months of the spring :drool:. If you know him, I'm pretty sure that Willy runs the shop 100% now, which is nice. Bunch of small stuff changing, too - enough to make it a good season up there.