Quantcast

New saddle love!!! 2010 Specialized Romin

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Went to the LBS and kept hearing all of the guys rave about the 2010 Specialized Romin 155.

Decided last weekend to pick on up and see what all of the fuss was about. I got home put it right on the CAAD 9 and went for a 130 mile ride. I was absolutely amazed with how comfortable it was, especially while in the saddle during a few climbs.

I have used the stock seat that came with the CAAD9, a Prologo Kappa pas as well as a few models of Fizik saddles thus far.

The shaping of the saddle puts the correct bones on the saddle and that is it, while the channel in the middle keeps your good bits from getting pinched or crushed. The channel and shaping of the saddle helps to assure good blow flow to the "sensitive" arteries.

After doing my training ride, went out with the girlfriend for a 20 mile ride on the waterfront and even after a few hours of hard riding, I was still very comfortable while sitting the whole time.

I will do a more in depth review when I have some more time on it but I just wanted to express my excitement for a saddle that is finally comfortable and keeps my mind on riding and not the pain.

Attachments

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Rode it out at BG Fit in November. Hate would be too strong, but didn't like it. Toupes were ok. Avatar Team is where it's been at for me. The Romin was too round. I tried a Phenom too and couldn't jive.

Keep us posted. Saddles are certainly unique to each person.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Love the Romin. Only complaint is that the nose is just a hair wide...rubs my inner-thighs a lot. And my legs aren't big at all. Regardless, it's now on my road and cross bikes.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Over 200g?? Seems heavy... :) I like the shape. It looks similar to an SLR (which I love). I'll have to see if I can try one out.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I want to get one ASAP. I have an old Alias that has been good to me, but recently having some discomfort - I think my sitbones might have changed since I'm still pretty young/possible growing. Anyways, sat on a Romin and it felt frikken perfect. Good to hear they're working for people.

Last edited: