Quantcast

new talking ads

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
the new talking ads are really annoying. isn't there anybody else who will pay for ad space? maybe something bike related that we'd actually want to purchase at some point?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
please, they're driving me insane. i'm going to have to throw myself on the mtbr grenade soon if you dont change them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This has been discussed ad nauseum.

If you're on here enough to see them all the time, forking over the $20 for a premium membership is not a bad idea. No ads at all, pages load faster, good stuff :thumb:

Otherwise, in the Advanced tab of your Internet Options, you can turn off webpage sounds.

That is, if you can't manage to just keep your speakers quiet until you need them.

Or, you can get an ad blocker of some kind.

I don't understand the frustration, here. There are many solutions, not the least of which is just dealing with the fact that many ads on the internet make noise. That's just the way it is.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Talking ads suck. I check out web sites at work and there is nothing like that stupid HELOOOOO on myspace that has me scrambling for the mute button. same with sites with music. I really dont need my co workers to know I am slacking a bit on the net.

mtArider

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
"you make me blush"

"bite me"

i HATE those ads, they are almost nowhere else.. why do they have to be here.. make them bigger if u want,, just get rid of the sound!:mad: