Quantcast

New to Denver!

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Hi Everybody,

I just moved to Denver from NYC and need help finding some of the local trails.

I've heard there are a lot around Golden, but I'm also looking for trails that are a shorter ride/drive from my front door. I'm on the east edge of Denver bordering Aurora. Anything fun to play with near around there? Trails, jumps, anything?

BTW, I can't wait to get out to the local DH spots like Keystone, Winter Park, and Sol Vista. Can anyone offer a comparison to Diablo or Plattekill (my old stomping grounds)? I just want to know what to prepare for...

Thanks in advance!

-Danny ;-)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Welcome!

So you live near the north-south road of Havana?

I can tell you about roadbiking, but there's not much for dirt.

There's a bike/skate park in Stapleton.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Yeah, it's flat like Nebraska around here. Reminds me of the drive from NY. We're renting here for a while until we find something to buy. We're really looking for a place with a good school system for our two boys. Looks like I've got some driving ahead of me. :-(

son of simon

Chimp
Jul 30, 2007
There are some good BMX trails/dirt jumps in Aurora. The spot is called The V. its behind the community college of aurora.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
There are some good BMX trails/dirt jumps in Aurora. The spot is called The V. its behind the community college of aurora.
Thanks! That should do nicely. I'll take a swing by and check them out.

Hold the phone! Which campus? Can you PM me the street location?

son of simon

Chimp
Jul 30, 2007
Its no secret, so I'll post it on here. The campus is off of Chambers and 1st I believe. I went out there for the first time in a few years today and was disappointed in the quality of the jumps. Everything looks like it hadnt been ridden for for a while except for the massive sections that I cant bring myself to riding. Not to mention it was my first time taking my BMX out for a proper ride in well over a year and a half.