Quantcast

New "trail bike" for 2016 thread

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
It was fun the first time, it was fun the next time, and it was fun in 2015. So post up yo shit.

Nothing new for me so far in 2016. I hope that changes, but for now. Let's see those new for 2016 wheelz

If not unreideabru then no post. Must be horribly inneficient and rolling on the wrong wheels. Be it fat, 26, 27.5, or 29, they are all wrong.

Post them up!

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
@kazlx is up first with the first posted new "trail bike" of 2016.

@kazlx please introduce yourself to the group and tell us why you are here.

Hi, I'm kazlx and I am not sure why i am here but you guys are a bunch of assholes and this is my unrideable bicycle.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Because I'm a rebel, I put a DH bike in the pic. Want to go ride, but it's been pouring rain here, so might be a little while...

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
I built up a Canfield EPO for our local foothills. Been a while since I dabbled in a hard tail so should be interesting. I have a couple rides on it now and amazing how 29'er geo has progressed.
20151029_213856.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
how do you like that frame? I've been amazed that nobody has produced a lightweight aggro 29er HT until now. Now you've got the honzo ti, AL, and the EPO, and those are all pretty interesting bikes. 1500 for a carbon ht isn't that crazy either.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
how do you like that frame? I've been amazed that nobody has produced a lightweight aggro 29er HT until now. Now you've got the honzo ti, AL, and the EPO, and those are all pretty interesting bikes. 1500 for a carbon ht isn't that crazy either.
I only have about 100 miles on it so far but think I will love it. What amazed me most is it is the best cornering bike I have ridden in memory. Everything from quick, successive changes in direction to tight switch backs. That super short chain stay and steep seat angle is the bee's knees for sure. I just have to get back into standing to pedal more after so many years on a full squishy for everything.
I don't have enough recent experience to compare things like ride quality to other hard tails but I love the fact that I now have a hard tail that weighs less than my full suspension. I was fundamentally against the idea of that, which is why I didn't get one of the many cool steel frames offered with similar aggro geo.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So I really never gave this 29er company that is actually based in my home town much thought until they had a garage sale. Brand new, first generation WFO frame for $200. Used wheelset $40 with DT swiss "freeride" hubs.

I now have an unrideabro Niner WFO. 140mm rear, 160mm Fox 36 front. 68* HA (by Niner's chart). 17" Reach could be a little longer, but the newer gen's are even shorter? Weird. Anyways, still waiting on the LEV, and still gotta trim up steerer and brake lines. Too much snow here to ride yet.

Driveway test indicates fun.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
dont have anything to post cause i cant stand the 29r hardtail i bought and probably selling it.. so fukking steep feeling. i only enjoy it on road/ light trail..

would love a FS 29r with slacker geometry, but im not dentist, and im primping my DH bike this winter

Last edited:

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC

2016 has resulted in finally getting my hands of some tokens for the dual position pikes. 2 tokens and -15psi has changed the forks! Mid climb photo of this afternoons ride.

2016 will hopefully also see some new wheels soon-ish.

iBam

Chimp
Jan 11, 2016
Aloha, Name's Bam from Utah & just upgraded my 2010 Enduro Comp to a 2015 Specialized Enduro 650B Elite. I'm stoked & should be a good year, just waiting for the snow to melt so I can get off my fat bike & start the real fun.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Aloha, Name's Bam from Utah & just upgraded my 2010 Enduro Comp to a 2015 Specialized Enduro 650B Elite. I'm stoked & should be a good year, just waiting for the snow to melt so I can get off my fat bike & start the real fun.

[GAL]
so unrideable!!

I really like the enduro, it's a great bike!

patrol lough hyne.jpg

Transition Patrol,
CCBDair CS shock
DVO diamond fork,
x01 drivetrain,
Xt brakes but have formula RO's to go onto it.
WTB i23 rims on DThubs, have a set of e13 LG1 wheels to go on.
wtb vilalante 2.3 tires F&R until the weather dries up.

finally getting close to a decent setup between the cane creek and the DVO but its getting there.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I pretty much only ride unrideable bikes these days. The current object of my affection is a foes mutz with a - 1 angleset and b+ wheelset. I absolutely hate the fork, but the bike is a rocketship. It has ludicrous cornering traction and can monster truck over pretty much anything, it jumps and pedals way better than anyone would expect. If only I could get my hands on a 15x150mm spaced fork that doesn't burp air into the lowers when it's ridden hard.

My other 2016 bikes is the Santa Cruz which shall not be named. It pretty much just sits in the barn and looks pretty because I only want to ride the mutz.

Attachments

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
There is also a lifetime warranty on the Devinci frames! Unless I am mistaken, I believe the carbon version weight less than 7 lbs.
If I was shopping for a new trail bike, the Troy Carbon would certainly be on my short list.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
That Troy looks rad, the alu bike is a little hefty but Devinci clearly prioritizes durability, which I'm fully ok with.

Jm, let me guess - Turner Rail with a Marz Z150?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That Troy looks rad, the alu bike is a little hefty but Devinci clearly prioritizes durability, which I'm fully ok with.

Jm, let me guess - Turner Rail with a Marz Z150?
None more black.
12631334_10100743969825698_5532980206208528044_n.jpg