Quantcast

New "trail bike" rides for 2015 (No DH bikes allowed!)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
MRP AMg + 42t (yes I turned in my man card)
42 TOOTH good GOD. You ride that in Gravity mode and I am not sure you could clear 1/4 of the stuff on Tower. That Pike must get a bit flexy going over rocks fast? I am like 215 and could feel it a few times on the WFO I have been riding.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
42 TOOTH good GOD. You ride that in Gravity mode and I am not sure you could clear 1/4 of the stuff on Tower. That Pike must get a bit flexy going over rocks fast? I am like 215 and could feel it a few times on the WFO I have been riding.
42t rear cog to be clear..Im running a 32-42t combo now...aka bitch gearing...used to run 36 x 36 on my 26" bike..

Pike is fine..Im 190ish but I try to keep it pretty smooth...I have had to replace the crowns though due to excessive creaking...only time I notice flex is when I'm slamming big square edges or G outs at top speed when the whole bike is compressed..

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
seems more like a megajizz spit-off to me.
ewwwww...
As gross as that seems....

Maybe we should have a Megagizz Fest?

Maybe just call it The Gizz Fest?

We have a trail over here called Ginny. Maybe we should have a Gizz on Ginny Fest?

Cumming this Summer!

No unrideable soft-dick VPP equiped bikes allowed. DW bikes are okay, tho.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I really wish this would have been in the thread subject. I posted my VPP bike and now everyone knows I have an unrideable soft-dick.
Oh you can post in this thread. I was speaking to the Gizz Fest going on in Colorado this summer. Cum ride Ginny!

Don't worry, you and your unrideable soft-dick will blend in with the plethora of soft-dick riders 'round these parts.

:D

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle

Because 'Murica.

EDIT:

Also, thanks to the epic 3+ page shit-fest re: VPP suspension & leverage curvez, I realize that my bike's suspension design is inferior. Luckily, I don't give a shit.

Last edited:

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not a new 2015 bike, but new to me. Built it up with my first foray into the 1x11 world. Loving it, although wouldn't mind a 30T ring up front instead of the 32T currently.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Because 'Murica.

EDIT:

Also, thanks to the epic 3+ page shit-fest re: VPP suspension & leverage curvez, I realize that my bike's suspension design is inferior. Luckily, I don't give a shit.
LOL... RayB? As in the wrench from Path?
Just saw your Luge pic there and put two and two together.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
LOL... RayB? As in the wrench from Path?
Just saw your Luge pic there and put two and two together.
Sorry, but I think you have me confused with the wrong person, but nice to meet you. :)

(Dudes named Ray who ride bikes are generally pretty cool from my experience...........)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sorry, but I think you have me confused with the wrong person, but nice to meet you. :)

(Dudes named Ray who ride bikes are generally pretty cool from my experience...........)
He's actually named Rabie (or something like that). Still nice to see another OC'r on the Monkey though.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Just take a fuckin picture in your front yard or garage like everyone else.:rofl:

Jeesh.........."honey, setup the studio and fire up the lights, I need to take another pic because I changed the fork"
My bike assisted the photoshoot and and was the model to figure out light placement, powers, angles etc. it is a much more capable bike than the quacked out short travel 29r's I shot that day.....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My bike assisted the photoshoot and and was the model to figure out light placement, powers, angles etc. it is a much more capable bike than the quacked out short travel 29r's I shot that day.....
In the pursuit of the most capable bike ever, I've got an ad out in craigslist looking for one that can make bloody marys and change the oil in my truck.

Based on reading mtbr, I'm pretty sure that's the nomad. Not sure but they might be licensed massage therapists too. And ordained ministers.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
You still on the derby's? Im so much happier on the narrower rims..
Yeah I have no $$$ so rolling them for now. They are very stiff though. For how rocky it is around here they tend to beat you up more then a more compliant rim would I feel....

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
For all you VPP haters to suck on, 28.5 lbs of Kill Trail™ goodness!

Good choice of tyres, those Grid casing butchers really are the tits.
Not hating on the build at all, but reckon you've cut that steerer a bit too short? The front end of the Nomad's pretty slammed + no stem spacers + low bars - do you not ride any steep stuff?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Anyone on the new Transition trailbike offerings? I'm pretty excited by the Scout myself. 5" travel is heaps for around here but most 5" bikes have XC geometry and zero frame stiffness.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Not hating on the build at all, but reckon you've cut that steerer a bit too short? The front end of the Nomad's pretty slammed + no stem spacers + low bars - do you not ride any steep stuff?
You'd love my setup on my Megatrail. :rofl: