Quantcast

New years Day Ride pics.

splat

Nam I am
So being New years Day, there is an anuall Road ride I do with my Road club . it is sort of a slow easy going fun ride all around through Boston. and I had Planned on doing this for quite a while. well I'm getting ready to go this morning and My 8 year old son , starts saying he wants to go! well I give in and say OK.
but the Tandem is in Pieces. I takea look at it and try to get it ready but no way . so I grab His Mt bike . ( the newer one he doesn't use yet, just finished building it ) I quickly throw a set of 26 inch wheels that have slicks Mounted on the bike , adjust the brakes and We are set.

This was his first time doing a ride like this basically doing all the pedalling on his own.

any way we get to Bost a little before the ride start . the ride stated at 11 AM at Park street Station in Boston.

Here is My son Mingling with the other rideres , that is Sheldon Brown ( in the white jersey ) behind him.

Here we are Getting ready to Start , that is the Massachussets State House in the Background.

And As I mentioned Sheldon Brown was there and He always has an Interesting Bike , He was riding a Nice fixed gear , but it has some really Funky Tires , which gave an intersting pattern when spinning.

And about halfway through the ride after 10 or so Miles , we make a Stop at The USS Constitution and have a group shot.

I am In the fron in the Middle down on 1 knee wearingthe Dark green Jacket , My So is right next to me.

we then just continue to ride all over the place here is the Group on the road after we all left Castle Island.

ANd here is the last group lead by the ride leader ( the Bicycle Bozo ) , shortly before the finish , going through some of the streets of South Boston.

Always A fun time ! and I was so Proud of my 8 year old , doingthe entire 20 miles yeah he was slow and getting dropped a few times but he did it ! for the first half was keeping up quite well. but he needs to learn how to pace him self.

and here is the GPS track of our ride. all over the city

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
That just plain rocks splat. What a fantastic way for you guys to start the new year.

Y'know Trek has a 24" road bike out. Looks pretty damn cool..... ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's awesome. and you brought the nice camera on a ride! :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
splat said:
And As I mentioned Sheldon Brown was there and He always has an Interesting Bike , He was riding a Nice fixed gear , but it has some really Funky Tires , which gave an intersting pattern when spinning.

The bike is from Rivendell Bicycles.

Cool pics.

www.rivendellbicycles.com

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
splat said:
yes, then why are you all wearing long sleves ?

but a century to start the new year :thumb:
Mid 70s was the high, but the temp in the first pic, which is right when I left the house, was 42 according to my thermometer.