Quantcast

+$&-no gmt yet ? -&$+

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful morning here in central NC. Did some yard work yesterday evening after I got home. This is the 3-week stretch in the summer when all my crabgrass patches grow in really nice and it actually looks like a yard someone cares about. I'm so proud.

It's Wednesday, kids. Let's get out there and be positive when you encounter negatives....:thumb:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Finally got an appointment on the books to repair the hail damage from early May. November 20th and I'll have to bring my truck to Fort Collins. Woof, that was quite the storm.

In another news my boss swung by my desk yesterday to tell me he couldn't stay late to help me because he, "had to go get cilantro for my wife". :rofl:

Speaking of food, why does nobody at the grocery store know what/where to find creme fraiche?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good morning!

Finally got an appointment on the books to repair the hail damage from early May. November 20th and I'll have to bring my truck to Fort Collins. Woof, that was quite the storm.

In another news my boss swung by my desk yesterday to tell me he couldn't stay late to help me because he, "had to go get cilantro for my wife". :rofl:

Speaking of food, why does nobody at the grocery store know what/where to find creme fraiche?
Not sure if :thatsthejoke.gif: but you make it:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/02/how-to-make-creme-fraiche-in-1-easy-step.html

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
'cause you're not in France?

Guy at work just gave me a practically new Britax Frontier 85 forward facing carseat for when the kid is bigger. Gonna be perfect for the brodozer

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Do not do Deadlifts, Thrusters and Lounges in one training at full tilt. It was a mistake, a big mistake. I am an idiot.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning!

Being 'murican, if I can't pronounce it I can't eat it. With out knowing and just guessing I am going to say Mexican table cream will suffice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I need to do yard work before the monsoon hits, but I also have to take woman-child to the eyeball doctor at ten. I doubt both will happen. We're I a betting man I'm guessing kid will need glasses. Inferior genetics obviously must come from her mother.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Gotta give the smelly dog a bath today (actually kids are going to bathe him...I'm just going to clean up the mess). Heading to the trenches to deliver the resignation today. I'll totally be thinking of all of your suggestions while I do so..just hoping I don't burst out laughing!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning. Gotta give the smelly dog a bath today (actually kids are going to bathe him...I'm just going to clean up the mess). Heading to the trenches to deliver the resignation today. I'll totally be thinking of all of your suggestions while I do so..just hoping I don't burst out laughing!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. At the MSP, waiting to board a plane home. Last night's dance frenzy must have been a success considering how many people I don't know told me I must have been having good time. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

While taking the fun way home, the road was closed off due to filming. Ryan Tuerck was in town with his insane Ferrari powered Toyota 86 and a Ferrari 458 were playing up and down Rocky Point. Bastards. I would love to close off that road and open it up. Looks like he might have hit something towards the end based on a pic on facebook.

Light day today with the end of the heatwave. Riding bikes with the pooch this weekend to see how she does in the woods.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a late meeting at the corporate offices last night. It was a giant dick swinging contest to see who you use the most corporate lingo. I could barely understand what was going on. At one point so many acronyms were being thrown around that I lost the plot. I stopped the conversation to ask what several of the acronyms meant, and no one there knew. Not one goddamn person there knew what the fuck they were actually talking about.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Had a late meeting at the corporate offices last night. It was a giant dick swinging contest to see who you use the most corporate lingo. I could barely understand what was going on. At one point so many acronyms were being thrown around that I lost the plot. I stopped the conversation to ask what several of the acronyms meant, and no one there knew. Not one goddamn person there knew what the fuck they were actually talking about.
My corporate strategy has always been fake it until you make it and retire just prior to EVERYONE discovering that you are a fraud. Its OK for one or two to know, just not everyone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sounds like Microsoft or reading any press release on PinkBike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning. At the MSP, waiting to board a plane home. Last night's dance frenzy must have been a success considering how many people I don't know told me I must have been having good time. :panic:
BLAME THE G&Ts!!!

<snip> Waist size. Kill list.
Fat, David, is a feminist issue.

<snip> I stopped the conversation to ask what several of the acronyms meant, and no one there knew. Not one goddamn person there knew what the fuck they were actually talking about.
Must have been senior-level managers and executives?

I have a good one - I got an email from the top infrastructure architect looking for an architectural diagram of things. I am battling *mightily* not to send a response that says, "Why don't you ask the fucking architect that is responsible for architecting this fucking mess I have." :think:

Last edited:
BLAME THE G&Ts!!!

I have a good one - I got an email from the top infrastructure architect looking for an architectural diagram of things. I am battling *mightily* not to send a response that says, "Why don't you ask the fucking architect that is responsible for architecting this fucking mess I have." :think:
Architecting is not a fucking verb.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Working on a track for a few weeks now. Mixing. Dabbling in mastering (but not architecting). Last night, I popped in an Elton John vocal sample from Tiny Dancer, and tweaked it a little. Really happy with the result.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BLAME THE G&Ts!!!

Yup senior managers. I am the one engineer that keeps getting volunteered to work on project with these types. Not really what I want to be doing but it isn't exactly difficult stuff. I just play dumb to all the corporate BS and drop the occasional technical truth and move on to the next meeting. Helluva way to make a living.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yup senior managers. I am the one engineer that keeps getting volunteered to work on project with these types. Not really what I want to be doing but it isn't exactly difficult stuff. I just play dumb to all the corporate BS and drop the occasional technical truth and move on to the next meeting. Helluva way to make a living.
If humanity were interested in truth there would be no religion, so... good luck with that. :D