Quantcast

>>>Nooo It's Monderp again<<<

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did a pile of adulting today, and it’s making me uncomfortable. I should probably go ride. Not sure if I have any clean riding clothes though... [/humblebrag]

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So, is this hipster crap, or 'keeping it real'?
I'm so confused.

If it were avocado toast I would be inclined to say hipster crap, but to me that looks like a hungry dirtbags breakfast/lunch/dinner.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If it were avocado toast I would be inclined to say hipster crap, but to me that looks like a hungry dirtbags breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Well, it was a Tostada, which I am pretty sure translates into 'Toast' in Spanish.

EDIT: turns out Toast is 'Brindis'.
I didn't know that.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think I might have found the source of the "derp derp derp derp derp" sound coming from my back wheel. A bunch of these holes are cracked...and the noise only happens when I put my weight on the bike.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think I might have found the source of the "derp derp derp derp derp" sound coming from my back wheel. A bunch of these holes are cracked...and the noise only happens when I put my weight on the bike.

Crabon wheels time!! Is that your new bike? If so, that sucks.

I rode this evening, a good and fast workout. The bugs are ferocious though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Dropped off kid at week long summer camp after work yesterday. Went out with wife afterwards and had a lovely time. Said fuck it and called off "sick" today. Coffee time.
did you post pics from your trip that i missed......or are you not sharing?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crabon wheels time!! Is that your new bike? If so, that sucks.

I rode this evening, a good and fast workout. The bugs are ferocious though.
The bike has 1400km on it now since october'ish, so I guess it's not new anymore. The back wheel has been a crapshoot since I got it; flat spotted it 2 weeks after I got it, rear hub went explodey in May and then it started making all these brake rotor rubbing sounds after I hit a hit curb sized root a week or two ago.

I have a new wheel with Hope Pro 4 and stupidly the same rim built at the shop...just need to stop riding and go pick it up.

I'm just above poverty level, so no crabon for me. :busted:

Can confirm the bugs though. Made a good donation to the local mosquito blood bank tonight.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My ride today was not so good, I took the Giggle Pig to see how far my legs have progressed. I struggled much more than I thought was reasonable. I also had difficulty controlling the front end on stretches were control should not be an issue. I rode for 6 miles this way before I figured out the front brake pads were sticking. They locked up twice in the last 2 miles. I did not have my tools so I attempted to spread the pads with my keys. I was able to pedal back to the car but fuck I am gassed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sram Guides provide this feature at no additional cost. :rolleyes:
Complain to your purchase place that both are sticking in hot weather and SRAM will warranty the levers. You can get nice new levers for your worn out ones, I think I'd got ~700000ft of descending on one pair I had swapped.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Complain to your purchase place that both are sticking in hot weather and SRAM will warranty the levers. You can get nice new levers for your worn out ones, I think I'd got ~700000ft of descending on one pair I had swapped.
It may just need bleeding or new fluid, now that the bike is inside at 70 degrees the lever returns just fine and the wheel spins fine. I dripped water on the brake but didn't think to cool the lever. I will see what the LBS has to say. New levers would also be nice...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It may just need bleeding or new fluid, now that the bike is inside at 70 degrees the lever returns just fine and the wheel spins fine. I dripped water on the brake but didn't think to cool the lever. I will see what the LBS has to say. New levers would also be nice...
Just warranty em. It’s a known issue with the Guide levers. They used a plastic piece in the lever that swells in the heat and will eventually cause the lever not to return. They should give you a new set of levers. My fix was to switch to Shimano brakes.