Quantcast

norba front brake rules?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
for the up coming mt snow nat'ls(yes i kno its a little early) i am thinking of not running a front brake. i havent had one on for 3 months now and it seems to have helped me get faster by not giving me a quick escape when things get tough. does norba rule against not having a front brake?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by mcA896
for the up coming mt snow nat'ls(yes i kno its a little early) i am thinking of not running a front brake. i havent had one on for 3 months now and it seems to have helped me get faster by not giving me a quick escape when things get tough. does norba rule against not having a front brake?
yes, they do. You must have 2 functioning brakes on any bike you wish to use in any event.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
just so you know I have raced twice front brakeless in the last year both Norba races and never had a problem...unless the guy you beat is an a$$ and want's to try and have you stripped of your award for beating him...so he can place higher up:mad:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by BMXman
just so you know I have raced twice front brakeless in the last year both Norba races and never had a problem...unless the guy you beat is an a$$ and want's to try and have you stripped of your award for beating him...so he can place higher up:mad:
well, at nationals I have been hassled for not having full finger gloves....go figure. So who knows, depends on if the commisar has a hang over and didnt eat his wheaties i guess.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Originally posted by oly
how about a disk brake and a v brake on the rear wheel? thats 2 functioning brakes and you can still do barspins as you hit the doubles.....
hahaha nice ill have to try that one out

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
dude if it seiriously will make a difference to you....put the brake and do something like move hte lever out of reach or put zero fluid in it....no one is gonna check that

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
and oh yeah...i dont see how its humanly possible to get through that course in tact with just a rear brake

can you say yardsale

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
well, you could just open your bleeder screw when you get to the top.... whos to know? but id say its better just to not use it. you may get in a situation where you might need it. i.e. the kind of situation where winning is no longer a concern.....

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
yea for mtx i dont think it would be that huge of a deal. I know where your comin from, i took the front brake off my imperial and is helped me to stay off and get faster.
My friend raced mt snow slalom 2 years ago with just a rear brake, and did a downhill race this year with no front brake. Its not that big of a deal, BUT like others have said i wouldnt take any chances if you do well and someone goes to protest it its not worth it.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I went through the trouble of makine my bike "legal" for the MTX and Mt Snow last year (front brake, 3 working gears), and then I see Cameron Zink in Semi-pro with a ****ing Oryg on his bike...

They tend to selectively enforce the rules...