Quantcast

Norcal DH ride

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Here is some pictures from a ride that me and my crew went on today. The trail is deep in the heart of Norcal, outside of Redding. The trail is long and fun, with several different kinds of terrain. It has some super high speed cornering, nasty rock gardens, and some nice steep stuff. We love riding here all winter. Great elevation drop.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Mugger said:
Nice one, are those pictures of you guys riding a waterfall? Looks awesome fun, i'm assuming thats part of the trail to give it something extra.
It is just part of the trail. You have to hit it every run.

Hey! Glad to know that trail is still around! if it's the one I'm thinking of....does it start by some radio towers? I definetly remember that creak you ride down the middle of and splash through the big pool at the end before hitting a bit of singletrack after that and then dumping onto the fireroad.
Same place? Haven't been there for about 2-3yrs...might try to get up there again if it's the place I'm thining of.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
bikenweed said:
That's not Matt Sippey from Chico is it?

If so, hopefully we'll all get to ride this summer!

someone should hit me up next time you ride over there...im at school at humboldt state and reddings not to far, we shoot over there all the time to ride moto...all my mtb riding buddies moved so i dont really have anyone to ride mtb w/....i know Matt....let me know if u guys ride that again anytime soon.....

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey wydopen, I'll shoot you an email/pm when I get back in the states. Unfortunately that will be June 30th. If you're in SB and want to ride some killer SLO or Santa Cruz trails, or if you're up north and can show me some cool stuff, either way, it's always good to ride new places. Good luck in school, when are you graduating?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
^^i gotta take summer school up here but ill be walking in May (damn Physics)...im gonna stay part time for fall, next year too until the old lady finishes up and just ride moto and chill....lets ride for sure when you get back......

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
how's your homeboy like that glory hole? i can get one of those pretty cheap and have been thinking about it.