Quantcast

Norcos

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
Hey. I got a norco Fluid 2. its a great bike, but im lookin to upgrade to somethin more freeride and downhill oriented. I was thinkin about buyin another Norco cus i like the Fluid 2 so much, but i was wonderin if Norcos are good bikes since you dont see too many people riding them. Are they quality bikes or are they gonna break easily. Ive been tryin to find reviews in some magazines, but i havent been able to find too many reviews. Help me out.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Funny I see butt load of kids riding them. In fact Besides bighits norco's vps series are easily the most popular bikes here...;)

In short though, good for bighits and drops but damn heavy. Thats generalizing every comment I have heard for the last 2 years. Personally I don't like Norco's CS so I wouldn't buy a bike from them (I have had a couple of bad experiences with them as Canada's main component distributor, not from the bikes directly)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by DroppinaNorco
Hey. I got a norco Fluid 2. its a great bike, but im lookin to upgrade to somethin more freeride and downhill oriented. I was thinkin about buyin another Norco cus i like the Fluid 2 so much, but i was wonderin if Norcos are good bikes since you dont see too many people riding them. Are they quality bikes or are they gonna break easily. Ive been tryin to find reviews in some magazines, but i havent been able to find too many reviews. Help me out.
I've been riding on a shore for about 2 months now (about twice a week) and have been really suprised at how much I like the thing. I'd always associated norcos with deafening clackity clack sounds and flexy rear ends. I'd say neither applies to the frame I've got.

I have it set up with an xc drivetrain and an 02 super t which puts it at about 37 lbs with 2.5 single ply tires. The thing rides great in every respect. I'd want something with a beefier rear end for full on DH racing but 1) I do have a DH bike and 2) My norco is NOT their DH frame. I've heard (not seen in person) of cracked seatstays being a consistent problem with previous year's models but not much info on the 04s. I live in the US as well and yes they are rare.

They are the only 4-bar bikes that hit the 7-8" inch range with the right sized rear wheel, front shifting and that aren't iron horse and won't leave you waiting all summer for a frame (vp free or turner highline potentially). That's what made me go out of my way to find one. I've been pleased so far riding it on both xc and dh terrain.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You'll find plenty of info on Pinkbike or NSMB. I've got an '03 Team Shore that I'm plenty happy with. It's not the best out there but it's pretty damn good for the price.