Quantcast

Nord Deutschland

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Okay,..the first factual post ;)

Are there any Germans here, or others, that know of some über-cool trails (preferably downhills) in northern Germany (Schleswig Holstein)?

Nizmeister

"Manchild"
Jul 3, 2001
Where is that in relation to Dusseldorf. I don't know of any DH around me, it is all quite flat here!
But I would love to get to some, then again I work from 7 till 6 and it gets darker quicker now, so maybe a no no.

What do you ride?

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Ahh, finally a reply after a months time...;)

I ride DH/DS/Freeride mainly...

I don't live in Germany. I live in Denmark, but very close to the German border. Schleswig Holstein is as far north as you can get in Germany. So its pretty far from Düsseldorf. Around 5-600 km.

Close to düsseldorf there is a place called Willingen, that has a lot of MTB-trails, Freeride course and a small DS course. They have a ski-lift that runs all year round. It's a pretty nice area if you're into XC/freeride/touring.

There are also some other MTB-areas in your region, I think...

Nizmeister

"Manchild"
Jul 3, 2001
Hey, PGR i know! This area has been rather slow on the UP take. Gonna ask some fellow workers where willingen is.

Things are different here. I had my DH sled stolen in England this weekend. It was locked with a big lock and left outside a shop.

Here is Duss, I look it with a small wrap around and it has been safe for six months!

Woe is me. To console myself I am off for a night ride tonight!

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Heysan!

We're a bunch of freeriding guys from Copenhagen- planning on doing some stints to Willingen, and some other cool sites PGR!- so if you [and hopefully] some friends wanna join us this coming summer on our rides- feel free to mail me :D

Gimme me a call- and let me know!... nice ride BTW:thumb:

Regards-
Steen.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by Steen Good Legs
Heysan!

We're a bunch of freeriding guys from Copenhagen- planning on doing some stints to Willingen, and some other cool sites PGR!- so if you [and hopefully] some friends wanna join us this coming summer on our rides- feel free to mail me :D

Gimme me a call- and let me know!... nice ride BTW:thumb:

Regards-
Steen.
I hadn't even seen this post, until now.

I was in Willingen in September, with my older brother. We only had XC-bikes with us. We went down the "freeride-strecke" though... Not actually much downhill now is it.

I'd bet that the BMW bike park or something else would be more interesting.

Jan 14, 2002
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Originally posted by PGR

I hadn't even seen this post, until now.

I was in Willingen in September, with my older brother. We only had XC-bikes with us. We went down the "freeride-strecke" though... Not actually much downhill now is it.

I'd bet that the BMW bike park or something else would be more interesting.
that's correct, for real DH/FR willingen sucks big time, you have to go to the BMW bike park or Todnau or Bad Wilbad, those are real DH bad ass coarses.