Quantcast

North* reports here-

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Finally got back up to northstar this weekend and got to see livewire in its almost complete state. I know it's been said so many times that they're probably going to need a visiti to AA at the end of the year, but next time I see anyone from the trail crew, I'm buying you guys drinks!

Mind you I took a tumble on that very run this past weekend and have some deep muscle bruising in my thigh. So, I'm not really thinking about riding my bike unitl I can walk up and down the stairs without cringing.

Amy- I think my girlfriend and I met you on saturday. She was the one who got the mild concussion a couple of weeks ago and had Sarah help her down the hill. Funny story (now that he's ok), but the other guy we were riding with somehow managed to break his collar bone riding down the fireroad back to the village :bonk:, so that's why we didn't call you guys saturday night.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Amy- I think my girlfriend and I met you on saturday. She was the one who got the mild concussion a couple of weeks ago and had Sarah help her down the hill. Funny story (now that he's ok), but the other guy we were riding with somehow managed to break his collar bone riding down the fireroad back to the village :bonk:, so that's why we didn't call you guys saturday night.
Hey. Holy crap that sucks! He must be so incredibly bummed out. Did a chipmunk pop out of the woods and throw a stick in his spokes? Rough weekend out there. Lots of injuries.

If you and your girly plan on coming back this season drop me a call. I head up every weekend.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahaha, no chipmunk. I suspect he was looking behind him to see if he had a sweet roost and missed the fact that the road turned. He ended up going neck first into one of the ropes on the side of the road. Gnarliest rope burn I've ever seen. We were probably 300-400 yards from being done for the day. I told him about the guy getting airlifted off livewire on sunday and he felt pretty lucky after that.

We're def comming back up before the season is out, we'll give you a ring.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Friday 8/31/07

Light rain all day, tacky as hell, fast as hell, no one there, cool temperature, NO DUST.

WOW......it was the best day at Northstar all year.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Friday 8/31/07

Light rain all day, tacky as hell, fast as hell, no one there, cool temperature, NO DUST.

WOW......it was the best day at Northstar all year.
I went up that morning and it rained alittle bit. The lifts were shut down due to lighting. After that though, it was awesome. Just like you said, NO DUST and tacky. SWEEET

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Finally got back up to northstar this weekend and got to see livewire in its almost complete state. I know it's been said so many times that they're probably going to need a visiti to AA at the end of the year, but next time I see anyone from the trail crew, I'm buying you guys drinks!

I like beer. I think the bike patrol drank my beer on monday, so I need more:brows:
More Live Wire anyone? OK:banana:

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
Hey folks,
Who are the actual people who work there and are on this forum?
They are all cool btw and I try to light them up whenever I get the chance
Can you post your faces to username so we can see?
BTW this is me raw bottlerocket, white fork, snow camo rims(hope this works as linking pics from google pics on boards is iffy)

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
asa, your picture is silly.

ps. are you going to race this weekend? or are you pooped out from making us new trails.

pps. i think twigs and pebbles is a cute name for the sticks and stones connector.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Yes, I am racing. How about you?
I'm totally on the fence. On one side, racing sticks top to bottom would be a blast. On the other side, I'm heading back east to spend some time with my family and I might just be in the mood to get a bunch of runs in.

I never ride my bike as much as I would like on a race day.

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Anyone know if the Drop In boys will be in Northstar this weekend? According to the Drop In site, the bus is in Auburn now.

damon

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
As always, N* was SWEEET today. "killed it" and did 18 runs, hands were dying and im sore as hell but well worth it. trails were SOO much better than previous times up. All the work yall have put in has paid off big time. live wire is amazing, and i can only wait until next yr when the improvements asa was telling me about are thrown into the mix.

PS: Thanks again Asa and George. Was a pleasure to meet you two.

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
another fun weekend
live wire felt like you were floating in the air half of the time
wheeeeee
the tables in last new section were hard to get speed for/clear
Especially after pounding down the gazillion jumps before it
Someone mentioned they are going to fix that

Oh yeah, someone (i wont say who) accidentaly broke one of the sprinklers of at the peak on one of the berms (after the two in a row far step down doubles)

Cleatus

Chimp
Mar 2, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Northstar Downhill # 4 * Sept. 9th, 2007

Congratulations to Women's Pro Winner: Asa Salas (2nd from left) and Men's Pro Winner Graeme Pitts (kneeling in front). Awesome riding!

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
HAHAHHAHAHA////He sent me a text Saturday or Sunday asking if I was racing. I thought he was up there but I guess not.....

I've seen you around but never intro'd myself so hey, I'm Javier....
Yeah, same here. Seen you a few times up there but haven't introduced myself either. I'm Matt, if you couldnt get that off my creative user name.

Heading up to N* this weekend I believe. Could possibly be my last day!:banghead:

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Did anyone notice the exit sign hanging on tent?
Yes. The lift attendants make it very clear that you must enter the opposite side of the tent and exit that direction. It just makes it much easier to exit toward the lifts, etc. Just a rule that needs to be there to manage all the crowds and non English speaking hikers.

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
another fun weekend
live wire felt like you were floating in the air half of the time
wheeeeee
the tables in last new section were hard to get speed for/clear
Especially after pounding down the gazillion jumps before it
Someone mentioned they are going to fix that

Oh yeah, someone (i wont say who) accidentaly broke one of the sprinklers of at the peak on one of the berms (after the two in a row far step down doubles)
All fixed:happydance: I also got to work on the hole between the paver berms at the end of Gypsy. Used nature's pavers to fill the gap.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
All fixed:happydance: I also got to work on the hole between the paver berms at the end of Gypsy. Used nature's pavers to fill the gap.
Wait, so did you fix up the last (newest) section of Livewire? I didn't ride it this weekend, but one of my friends wasn't as stoked on it as the other parts?