A, A
unofficially the pros went as follows:

1 Curtis Keene 4:10
2 Ryan Finney(beavis) 4:12
3 Karl Rogne 4:17.37
4 Henry O'Donnell 4:17.88
5 Me(Mike Haderer) 4:30
6 Ryan Condrashoff 4:31

i didnt get any farther than that before i had to leave yesterday...did they ever end up posting any results or doing any sort of awards?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:

i didnt get any farther than that before i had to leave yesterday...did they ever end up posting any results or doing any sort of awards?
got M3 yet.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Keene won, he was ripping. Worst run race I have ever attended, no question. No results for anyone but the pros (N* told us they would post the rest on their website in a couple days) . They had us just line up in any order to at the beginning of the first run, after 15 or 20 riders went they decided to go with the start list order. There were numerous problems with times & number plates being mixed up. The beginners didn't start there first run until after 3:30, by the time the experts started their second runs the lifts had stopped for the day. N* had a really good turn out (over 130 racers), and I don't think they could have pissed everyone off more if they had tried. It was a frustrating day, I would have had more fun just riding.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
kidwoo said:
Mike, where did you get those times? Did you write them down or pull them from a website somewhere?

i remembered them from when they announced them as the top guys crossed the finish line.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
I appriciate N* attempts at stepping things up this year but that was one of the worst races I've ever almost participated in. After waiting 2 hours for my first run (without ever knowing when my first run would be, sport vet), I ripped off my number plate and went riding. So much for my $25 entry but riding Sticks was so much more fun than sitting on my ass waiting for my run. N* dropped the ball on this one big time let's just hope they get their sh*t together by next race.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
I rode hole in the ground and went kayaking. Better choice from the sound of it.
maybe it's my dispise of climbing but I was kind of dissapointed by that trail. the name is fitting though, it feels like a constant climb to get out of there. not enough fun down sections to make up for all the climbs. the air was fine out there on friday btw.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
maybe it's my dispise of climbing but I was kind of dissapointed by that trail. the name is fitting though, it feels like a constant climb to get out of there. not enough fun down sections to make up for all the climbs. the air was fine out there on friday btw.
That's exactly right. And you tell that to everyone who asks you if that trail is any fun. Too much climbing and not enough downhill. That trail probably sucks on a hardtail too.

Yeah it did seem like it cleared up after some of the clouds started forming. Oh well. I usually hit that trail about 10 times a summer anyway.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:

RESULTS HERE

Mikey...5th vs 11th? :rolleyes:

tenille

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
purgatory
Unfortunately, I don't think they completely figured out the results. First run times seem to be correct (at least for experts and pros), but I'm not sure about the second run...the gal who left 2 riders in front of me flatted, i passed her, and her time was 5 seconds faster than mine???

I'm sure next time will be much smoother and hopefully everybody will give them another chance :)

Wow - that's pretty forgiving. I'm just glad that I got to hear how the organization was before I waste 8 hours of driving time, a weekend, and a bunch of money to go to their next one on 9/19. Who were the promotors anyhow? Was it Northstar (Boothcreek Marketing?), or someone else? If you pay to race, the one thing the promoter better do is to get the dang timing right. If they screw that up, they're screwing up the main thing you're paying them for. Everything else is just fluff in my book (of course posting the results in a timely fashion is the next thing on the list). Team Big Bear races tend to be more expensive, but at least they usually do a good job at running things. I hope to go to their race at North* on 9/12. (might be my only chance to get up to Tahoe this year, dang it...).

Sigh... If only everyone ran their races like the GGG... :D

tenille said:
Unfortunately, I don't think they completely figured out the results. First run times seem to be correct (at least for experts and pros), but I'm not sure about the second run...the gal who left 2 riders in front of me flatted, i passed her, and her time was 5 seconds faster than mine???

I'm sure next time will be much smoother and hopefully everybody will give them another chance :)