Quantcast

Norway ride pics (lots)

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Hey!

Thought I'd share a few pics of last weeks little epic. The snow is slowly melting here and trails are sort of drying up. Anyway, this is south of Oslo and closer to the boarder of sweden. Happy trails.

Gaute wearing the sexiest wifebeater...:dead:

Trails are drying up :)

off camber with water added, always fun...

great trail, that's me up front

getting technical, pics don't do it justice ;)

Sveinung showing us how to leave a sinking ship :D

Sveinung clearing a fairly steep climb

Dammit, it won't inflate !!

"I'll just personify the rat from IceAge while eating this..." :D

Øyvind clearing a nice part

Sveinung giving our Commencal XC testbike the treatment...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
One of the most awesome things about mountain biking is, no matter where I travel and how much I ride, there will always be a kickass trail out there that I haven't ridden yet :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Cool pictures!!! Those trails look exactly like one of my local spots (Middlesex, CT for anyone that has ridden there).
I was going to say that those trails look a lot like New England Trails - I haven't ridden Middlesex (yet) but they also look a lot like what you might see in Lynn Woods in Massachusetts (again based on pics only right now - but hopefully that'll change someday as well).

Great pics!!

I like the low profile Giro helmets you guys are wearing too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cool pictures!!! Those trails look exactly like one of my local spots (Middlesex, CT for anyone that has ridden there).
I was going to say the same thing!! But not not the same spot in CT.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Originally posted by Echo
One of the most awesome things about mountain biking is, no matter where I travel and how much I ride, there will always be a kickass trail out there that I haven't ridden yet :cool:
So true. Can I call a roadtrip!:D ....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by MMcG
I was going to say that those trails look a lot like New England Trails - I haven't ridden Middlesex (yet)
Middlesex has a lot of those rock beds and the vegetation is the same as in these pics.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Thanks for the replies :) I just read in a thread that are too little actual ride threads in the lounge and monkeys are sort of losing interest, so I'd thought I'd share some pics.

Heidi, there's a bunch of different riding terrain in Norway. This is on the southeast and has trails like this that would take you years to cover, out west we have Alp-like terrain, Mid-Norway has a lot of high plain trails like this:

Treesaw: BikingViking from mtbr.com is inviting people from all over to Trondheim in Norway in June. I know 3 Americans are already coming. Thors Hammer.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by jdcamb
So true. Can I call a roadtrip!:D ....jdcamb
hey if you east coasters are roadtripping that way.. mind if a midwest monkey joins in? PUH LEASE?

Sweet pics man!

edit: this was already answerd!.. doh.."Is all the terrain out there like that? or does it differentiate (word?) alot depending on the area?"

and this picture..

my god.. it just makes me want to up and quit work right now and get on my bike! I wish I new why this pictures sturs up so much emotion like that.. but it does.....

monkey! GREAT PICS! Thanks for bringing the "ride" back to the

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
I lived in Burlington, VT for three years - the terrain is very much the same. We just have way more trails, and they are all open to bikers :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Squeak
Very cool! I am planning on going to Norway sometime in the future. :thumb:
I'm there. Can we rent an RV?

Trond, thanks A LOT for those pics dude.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Awesomeness! Looks like some great terrain. Thanx for sharing! i'm especially glad to know now that i'm not the only one who has tried pumping a tube up with his nose.:p

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
You're killing me!!! Those are the best I've seen in a long time. I feel like I just had sex.:devil:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dude thanks so much for the awesome pics. I am getting moist looking at all those freeking rocks! (Glacially scoured Granite! Mmm tasty!). This is exactly the thing RM needs!

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Gorgeous scenery!! I'm always amazed at how much different the topography is in other places and still rideable.

By the way, Norwegians and Swedes are THE nicest people I have ever met when travelling in Europe!

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Originally posted by MMcG

HOw about a Norway Monkeyfest! :D :cool: :thumb:
I am all up for it. You need to bring me some TommyKnockers from CO though ;) gooood beer.

As I said above, BikingViking from mtbr.com is inviting people from all over to Trondheim in Norway in June. I know 3 Americans are already coming. It should be a blast!Thors Hammer.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Holly mooly!!!

Those where just too much!

Never though of Norway as a futur bike trip destination, but those really got me thinking!

:monkey:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Jozz
Holly mooly!!!

Those where just too much!

Never though of Norway as a futur bike trip destination, but those really got me thinking!

:monkey:
Exactly, get Deyv on board now!

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
We got some great NorthShore trails too. There a tram only 5 bikeminutes from my apt, it goes every 15minutes to the top of a smaller mountain right outside Capitol Oslo. ALL DAY. The nuskool kids are creating loads of NS trails on the way down :)

I am more of a trail/epic rider but here's me on one of the stunts:

Nils Tweaking

Pottis launching

And of course, Nils' infamous backflip nofooter :eek:

Attachments