Quantcast

Norway ride pics (lots)

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
heeeey. Deyv! Long time no see. Is the knee healing up?

I have a few pictures to share, this time from Voss - Western Norway. I shot these in less than two hours. The kids were definitely on fire!

Eirik.E

Chimp
Sep 15, 2006
Norway, oslo
Thought I should post some photos from Norway aswell.
All the photos are taken in 2006

I start with some photos from Hafjell

Hamish Ryan, whip.

Sondre Børresen, X-up

Anita

Me

Martin Venjar, Xup one foot

Uknown doing a suicide

Andrè Duus, 360 drop

Heff

Sverre Værnes, one hander drop

Me, Whip, foto taken by Anders@drunkendalen.no

Me over Simen Berg on the wallride

You can find more photos at our album

Geilo

Scary, slippery natual drop

Photo taken by Simen Berg

Hemsedal

Me, photo taken by Simen Berg

You can find alot more photos at our galleri
www.nsfr.no/galleri

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Damn! I almost forgot about this thread! I'll try to get it alive again. I need to sort pictures :)

Here's a bunch of riders riding sweet trails in mid-norway. Posted on our forum.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
I went heliriding out west last year! I'll see if I can get some photos from the photographers too. I was busy riding :D

This is 10:30 PM! I love Norway in the summer!

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
This is from a different HeliRide (same day though, just a little earlier ;)). All photos by Endre Løvaas.

Me in the first pic here:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
I did some racing and downhilling last year too :)

My biggest drop/gap so far

Sverre points out the landing

Me on a wallride

and more racing...

just riding

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Not able to update for a while, we're testing nine bikes for a larger magazine at the moment, so the pics are more bike-oriented than scenery/epic-oriented :(

anyways, here's dr.harmonica on one of the testbikes - Two fingers :nope: ..... :D
2 finger no-no? How about NO SEAT?
(Sure it is just a camera effect) ;)

Fux

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
What a fantastic thread.

I though I would use up my first post by blatently thieving my mates pictures of our local trails down her in sothern Norway (Kristiansand, you know the Tricky song?)

This is me, a little fat guy with a white slayer.

And on to some of our rides. I think its more technical down here, you can judge for yourselfs. :clue:

Trust me, this section is harder than it looks.

Per, chillin by a lake..

We`re a small bunch of guys who try to get out a couple of time a week and have a good time out in the woods. If you are ever in this area give me a shout and you`re always welcome to tag along.

:cheers:

Oct 26, 2007
Brazil
AWESOME PICS. I myself had the pleasant of riding in norway(DH COURSES) and the landscaping is simply magnificent. If u guys have the chance to go there, dont miss it. It's worth a shot.

Fux

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
Just around the corner??

Our season didnt finish last year. Pics taken last week on the trial that starts 20 meters away from my back door.

rockin`my singlespeed

This one was taken 2 weeks ago. Same trail..

We have had a total of 10 days of snow this year.

:clapping:

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Better get the season started :D

First "real" ride of the summer!

3 hours ride in 68 degrees very nice and warm(???) weather! Shortsleeved jersey and all!!
Nice and dry trails, no hikers. Good company.

A very short vid of myself can be downloaded(4MB - right click, save as)HERE

A few pics too:
Terje, on his pretty brand new Spot, with CCDB and ti-spring.

Myself down a steeper-than-it-looks line:

Myself again, small highspeed "drop":

Scenery:

Enjoy...can't wait for more rides in this area. The trails are so good, technical and very varied. Dirt and dust, to slickrock, roots rocks...a wide variety of forrest to, from dry and dusty to moist and green. Very nice.
And we covered a very small part of the trail network.
Everything is all-access, and the trailhead is 5 minutes drive from the capital of Norway, Oslo's, centre. :-)

Fux

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
Ok Folks, Its been a while (35kg ago to be precise) since this has been bumped up.

Pics taken today on the trail behind my house... Bye bye snow.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This is BY FAR my favorite thread ever created on RM. I actually made a screen saver out of these pics a few years ago.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Fux

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
I bought a headcam this year, so you can get some more insight on my local trials.

:thumb:

Last edited:

lars2re

Chimp
Aug 30, 2011
A small group of mountain bikers in Bodø, Norway put together a small 3 day long bike festival every year, where we ride in their local trials located just a few minutes from the downtown. I have put together a video from this years event. As you can see, we were lucky with the weather. Non stop sunshine (except two hours per night when it set) is not that common this far north.

Last edited:

lars2re

Chimp
Aug 30, 2011
We have seen pictures in this thread from past occasions of "Fjørå Singletrack Camp", but here is a video from this years event!
This is a video I made of some of our epic trails in the north section of the west coast of Norway. The surrounding mountains are typical 1600-2000 meters high, but the trails we are riding are from 1000-1100m and go all the way down to sea level. No lifts, hardly any fire roads, just push biking up the mountains.
The occasion is a yearly gathering called "Fjørå Singletrack Camp". We have been limiting the event to only 50 participants, to keep it social and non-commercial.
The fjords on the video are Tafjorden, Norddalsfjorden, Sunnylvsfjorden and the ?famous? Geirangerfjorden.

You can also see some photos from the event here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1058031...0234/FjRa2011#