Quantcast

Nose manual..

The DH

Monkey
Jun 17, 2008
richest state in the nation
Anyone else on bigger wheels working on these or have them dialed? Haven't really seen any in vids yet. I can only hold them across smaller boxes but I have no Idea how to pump to keep it alive.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I learned em on my 26" with a rim brake and have a cool video somewhere on one of my hd's doing one on a sidewalk across a few driveways. Let me see f I can dig it up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the only ways I've ever been able to do a nose manual was with speed and balance, regardless of wheel size.

Brakes are just cheating :D

I've never seen anyone able to "pump" a nose manual in a similar manner to 'pumping' (sometimes referred to as b*tch kicking) a regular manual. All the other bmx'ers I've seen nose manual (myself included) rely on speed and balance.

The DH

Monkey
Jun 17, 2008
richest state in the nation
the only ways I've ever been able to do a nose manual was with speed and balance, regardless of wheel size.

Brakes are just cheating :D

I've never seen anyone able to "pump" a nose manual in a similar manner to 'pumping' (sometimes referred to as b*tch kicking) a regular manual. All the other bmx'ers I've seen nose manual (myself included) rely on speed and balance.
Here's one not at a high speed.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i know they're jammin front brakes ... but these brazilian kids deserve serious props on the nose manuals on some ghetto mountain bikes.

check the first trick....

http://www.global-flat.com/videos/youtube/show_video.php?yt_code=bpo1OSonums

some of the mid-school kings like dave osato, jay miron, and dennis mccoy used to KILL nosewheelies. they did use brakes but barely... they would coast pretty far before barely feathering...

true though that new school brakeless street nose manuals are sick... they owe a lot to pro flatlanders phil dolan and alexis desleneaux who were probably the first to really rule brakeless nose manuals around 99 or 00.

i will grant you brakeless nose manuals (or nose wheelies as they used to be called)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i can only get em for 10-15 ft max about 30% of the time. its really hard with suspension and a major lack of skills. with our bigger wheel sizes it throws the balancing point way way off and really high up in the back

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
with our bigger wheel sizes it throws the balancing point way way off and really high up in the back
Indeed, I'm sure the slacker ht angle also plays a big part in making mountain bikes so hard to nose manual. Ive never seen anyone do then very far at all on a mtb, and I wonder if anyone actually is able to do them for a good distance. btw, those brazilian kids king the nose manuals haha. mad steeze on sh1t bikes.