Quantcast

>>>Not quite there TD GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bleah....Supposed to rain and have winds up to 30 mph today. The short bus will be oh so fun. wife heads off to a horse show 90 miles from here this morning. I get to go there on Friday night and bring the doggies with me not looking forward to that trip during commute hours

Moar Coffee time

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
snow rumored to return to the mtns this weekend. let's friggin' hope so.
drinking coffee and shopping for tires online for the gnarwagon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning?

After talking to my mom this morning it sounds like my grandfather has his ticket and is just waiting for the ride to the after life. He got 97 years on this planet, so it's hard to say he didn't have a good run of it. Glad I got to visit and say thank you one last time at Christmas.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Good morning?

After talking to my mom this morning it sounds like my grandfather has his ticket and is just waiting for the ride to the after life. He got 97 years on this planet, so it's hard to say he didn't have a good run of it. Glad I got to visit and say thank you one last time at Christmas.
We seriously need a sad react... my Grandma is about to hit one year gone in a few days. Glad you could cherish him so long.

Dont wanna work today, its been slow. Moar stuff came in for the gym though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS, moving on. Was planning on studying last night only to look into my bag last night and realize that I had left my materials at work. Oh well, spent 2 hours working on Mint cleaning up our finance logging to be able to build a better budget. All of the house purchase/sale costs are throwing the budget calculator to shit and it's easier to use a running year analysis to get a realistic cost that can be tweaked vs. trying to look at absolute monthly and getting blindsided by a large expense that I should have expected had I looked on the rolling year.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you're talking cars and not bikes, ebay had one of their $100 off 4 tires deals going the other day, not sure if still running.
Still can't beat Discount Tires during their holiday sales. @Nick I say wait until their next major holiday and buy then. Otherwise a Costco membership (base) is $60. Their prices are generally hard to beat for Michelin tires.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, it will be freezing again around here too. Winter not giving up.

I took off early yesterday to get a week ride in but it was raining so I lighted up the fireplace instead off and went to bed early.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Spent the majority of my OT day in Pueblo working an "easy" deferral. Pro-tip: When the easy-out breaks, you're about to have a bad day. But, I did have some stellar tacos, because Pueblo.

Today is laundry, other household chores, and a run. If one believes the weather crystal ball, Monarch will get snow today and tonight. I possibly may ski tomorrow, and saturday. :banana:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Curiosity Stream has a Stephen Hawking's show available for free right now too: http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-hawking-favorite-places-free-streaming-show-2018-3

If you don't get it, it's a really good service. It's what the Discovery Channel used to be, as it was started by the same guy. Haley figured out navigation on Prime and if she's not watching PJ Masks, she's more often than not watching the shows on it. They are pretty damn good and cover the range of kid friendly up to mind blowing for me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Still can't beat Discount Tires during their holiday sales. @Nick I say wait until their next major holiday and buy then. Otherwise a Costco membership (base) is $60. Their prices are generally hard to beat for Michelin tires.
I totally snoozed and lost during their Winter sale. :imstupid:

They are pretty damn good and cover the range of kid friendly up to mind blowing for me.
I"m not sure that those two are mutually exclusive.....

:banana:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
today is my Friday. w00tw00t.
headed down to teh Sangres to soak all weekend. super stoked to be getting back to valley view.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kids flop. Younger kids are supposed to have shoulder harnesses in general. I have her use it still because there is no harm.
why the 2 piece approach over 1? bc you can then have a regular harness once they have the body strength without having to buy another harness?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crank and bottom bracket has been ordered. Each item coming from a different distributer.

She said on the phone that it will be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it is.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The primary reason for the full body harness for kids is that they can slide out of a regular harness in an inverted fall due to their immature hip structure. Full body not only virtually eliminates the "sliding out" risk, it also nearly eliminates the risk of an inverted fall.