Quantcast

Not receiving PM or new post notifications?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Not sure exactly what happened, but all of a sudden I'm not getting either, as of a day or so ago. I'm not seeing any messages in my spam folder (G-mail) either, but maybe spam messages get deleted even before they come to my spam folder? My reply setting is set to "instant" currently, and I can't really check within my G-mail settings what is labeled as spam and what isn't.

Thanks for any tips!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Me neither and the site has been slow to load recently.

Yeah as soon as the Rm page load hits 'ads.sportnet.com' it grinds to a halt for about 15-20 seconds every time, creating an average page load time of around 20-23 seconds while on a 10mps line...... Pretty sh*t really. :plthumbsdown:

Yeah I realize the site needs advertising revenue to run but when the ad servers create such a poor web surfing experience you will start loosing the web traffic that attracts the advert revenue in the first place.

And no before the usual web botherers pipe up, I won't be upgrading to a premium membership, I'd be more inclined to just surf elsewhere. *shrugs*

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Maybe try Firefox + Adblocker (an advertisement-blocking add-on, imagine that:D)? Mine loads plenty fast.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Hate to break it to ya but FF + ad blocker is what I'm running. ;)

*edit* cancel that..... just went and manually added the sportnet to my filter list, getting normal page loads now. :)

Last edited:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well before I thought I might have made a mistake with my G-mail account where it automatically deleted RM notifications or something, but it sounds like it's definitely a site issue.

On the plus side, my inbox sees about 10% of the messages it did and it's always much cleaner. :) I just use "User CP" now to check threads I've posted in.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Yeah there's a problem with the email handling system. We're aiming to do our first big upgrade next thursday. This should fix some of the outstanding problems, minor errors and clean the site up a bit.

Past that point, we can begin to have a bit more fun and tweak things out!