Quantcast

Nov. 17/18 - Southridge 16th annual Challenge

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Not a half bad Idea, D! I can probably shoot for you as well if you want to race.
Thanks for the offer, but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. It's tough enough dragging all my gear up there (and dealing with blowing dirt or rain) without adding a bike/helmet/armor and trying to get in a run.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
No worries. I put the 2.7 on the front today. Im getting tired of the front end washing out, granted the run behind my place is 4+ inches of loose stuff with crust almost straight down and rockier than He11.

Anyone have suggestions for riding the loose dirty here. NW Im set but this stuff wreaks havoc on me so far, blowing corners and sliding in the shale/pebbly stuff.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i've had good luck with the Michelin DH32 up front.. it's a 2.8, but not an overly large 2.8, so it seems just perfect. Works great in the loose sh!t like Mammoth, and the 'loose over hardpack' SoCal stuff.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
What pressure? I assume a 20-25 should be suffice, I need to dial my kids bike in hes racing the 7-12 category. Saturday is his 12th B-day so hes excited to spend it racing for his first time. :thumb:

Cool I appreciate it as does the skin on my forearms.:D
I am definently above 40lbs with the DH tires on there. :D :D
Even tubeless its a good 3lbs heavier now and d@mn I can feel it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
BC, I'll be there. If you ever got around to that protective tape, if got a couple of vids for you.
I will run them this week. I opened a shop on the first and have been busy cutting my 3-d letters and getting all the right stuff together (unpacking boxes) as well as the new baby so I am burning on 1 hour of sleep right now.:shocked:
Ill be up and ready for saturday/sunday.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I will run them this week. I opened a shop on the first and have been busy cutting my 3-d letters and getting all the right stuff together (unpacking boxes) as well as the new baby so I am burning on 1 hour of sleep right now.:shocked:
No worries dude, I completely understand. Take care of home first!
What class you racing? I think ther's like 3-5 guys in the ol codger class for me.Those guys are sure to school me:help:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I still need to get w/ you T about the Van.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I think sport or above, last time I did beginner I handed the class their Aholes.
This will be different in part that both you guys know I suck at the loose dirt. I wrecked 3 times on SJT and 1 at laguna. :D I figure run a bigger tire stiffer sidewall less pressure and see what happens.

This AIN'T the NW style dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed!!y your not going to have much comp as far as your class, I know how you ride you should fare really well. Abst, you and I are in the same boat. Your new to racing and I suck. :D

Remember not to gas out first run, control the adrenaline and relax.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I think sport or above, last time I did beginner I handed the class their Aholes.
This will be different in part that both you guys know I suck at the loose dirt. I wrecked 3 times on SJT and 1 at laguna. :D I figure run a bigger tire stiffer sidewall less pressure and see what happens.

This AIN'T the NW style dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed!!y your not going to have much comp as far as your class, I know how you ride you should fare really well. Abst, you and I are in the same boat. Your new to racing and I suck. :D

Remember not to gas out first run, control the adrenaline and relax.
Hey, going down at Laguna is not hard to do. I can't tell you how many buds i have that have been hopitalized by that place, including myself. SJT when it's loose is slippery loose. Last time I rode Fontana it wasn't that kind of loose. You'll do fine.... just send it! Regardless should be a fun hangout.

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
What time is the DH Beginner Class practice on saturday? Do i need to register on saturday? If so, what time? Any help would be great. Thanks.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
What time is the DH Beginner Class practice on saturday? Do i need to register on saturday? If so, what time? Any help would be great. Thanks.
begineers pratice same time as everybody else. i don't know what time though i would assume after the c.c and super d race.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well, that spot is now full :( Sorry man...I REALLY should have gotten a bigger truck, lol.

One of my other friends MIGHT be going down, if so he'd have room but there's only a 40% chance of him actually going.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Ill bring the 2.5 single plys though.
Might be the way to go, 300 yards of almost-flat pedaling along "the wall" to the finish will punish those with heavy tires.

A guy I know thought a short-track tire would be the ticket for the rear (semi-slick middle with side knobs), but then it rained that day and he had zero traction.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Might be the way to go, 300 yards of almost-flat pedaling along "the wall" to the finish will punish those with heavy tires.

A guy I know thought a short-track tire would be the ticket for the rear (semi-slick middle with side knobs), but then it rained that day and he had zero traction.
Yeah I got another cassette yesterday for the DH tire set up, that way all I have to do is switch.

41.9lbs with the AVY/2.7dh front and 2.5DH rear (tubeless). :thumb:
39.8 with the singles.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok...things keep going back and fourth. Well, one of my friends may have to bail out cuz he just broke the lowers on his fork today, so unless he finds a replacment (70% chance of that happening) then there would be room.

This all could have been solved if I would have bought a bigger truck! AHHHHH

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That sucks...for him. So, if there is room, I'd be sitting on the bench thing? It's probably worth it. :think:

You're going down Saturday?