Quantcast

Now this is love

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
My husband and I went out for a butt kicking ride on Saturday. 15 miles and 3k feet of climbing later the bolt in my seatpost snaps.

Mr. Amyd says he'll take the busted post and we ride home.

I'm not sure I love anyone enough to ride out 15 miles on their busted seatpost.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
amydalayna said:
My husband and I went out for a butt kicking ride on Saturday. 15 miles and 3k feet of climbing later the bolt in my seatpost snaps.

Mr. Amyd says he'll take the busted post and we ride home.

I'm not sure I love anyone enough to ride out 15 miles on their busted seatpost.
wow. :D I'm not sure my guy would do that for me, but he has upgraded my ride a few times.

I find the statement, "I think you need a new bike" incredibly romantic.:heart:

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
Not quite the same but....

Last year I broke my ribs XC riding and then stupidly did a DH ride 3 days later. By the time we got to the little bit of climbing at the end I was bawling and my b/f had to push my bike out for me....

We get back to the car and I realize my brand new, super cool goggles fell off my helmet at some point. He insists on riding back over some pretty gnarly rock gardens and up a bunch of hills to get the goggles. :heart:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH! I am SO glad that I am not the only mudhunnie with a loving man behind me. My man stayed home tonight with the baby so I could get in a ride. While he was home, he cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner, gave the baby a bath and got her all ready to be nursed to sleep :love:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
TreeSaw said:
YEAH! I am SO glad that I am not the only mudhunnie with a loving man behind me. My man stayed home tonight with the baby so I could get in a ride. While he was home, he cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner, gave the baby a bath and got her all ready to be nursed to sleep :love:
T- You win. for sure. A broken seatpost is one thing... but your man totally wins.

Woos

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Kitsap, WA
My fiance and I were riding up a mountain, and he offered to push my bike, but my pride got in the way so i pushed it the whole way myself. It was only 4 miles, but I'm still a noob to some extent and it was really hard.

I love him more than anything in the world, and I love him more for buying me a bike, building it then offering to push the beast up a mountain, but I just couldn't let him do it. Anyone else have that problem? Is it even a problem that I won't let him push it?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Woos said:
I love him more than anything in the world, and I love him more for buying me a bike, building it then offering to push the beast up a mountain, but I just couldn't let him do it. Anyone else have that problem? Is it even a problem that I won't let him push it?
self sufficiency is good. mr.amyd :heart:s me, but there is no way he would ever offer to push my bike for me. i'm strong enough to do that on my own.

same with fixing my bike. he's not going to fix my bike for me because he knows i can do it on my own.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
TreeSaw said:
Wow! Now that's amazing!

Last week, I was kinda down the night before and went to bed early....after I showered and was ready to leave for work, walking into the kitchen I noticed that my bf made breakfast for me and put my lunch out so I wouldn't forget it. So sweet :heart:

I don't even have to ask him to work on my bike for me....he just does it.

Seems like we've got a bunch of awesome guys out there :D

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
I haven't ever needed him to push my bike -- i am pretty independent that way. but my boy is pretty awesome, i have to say...
My then bf, now hubbie, surprised me with an engagement gift of disc brakes for my xc bike last year. I had never had disc brakes before and i thought it was the best thing in the whole world.

he is also very patient with me (i think he taught me most of everything i know about mountain biking) -- and is an excellent teacher. I'll be crying in frustration and fear about stupid drops or technical descents and he always waits and walks me through it.

Woos

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Kitsap, WA
Woos said:
hehe.... men ladies.
After my fiance read that and did the forehead slap and shake, I figured I'd clairfy myself. I totally agree that our men are awesomeness, I just have a totally random sense of humor, and it's 1:30 in the morning after an evening at the jumps and I'm gonna go to bed now. Night Night! Enjoy your boys! :wave:

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Woos said:
My fiance and I were riding up a mountain, and he offered to push my bike, but my pride got in the way so i pushed it the whole way myself. It was only 4 miles, but I'm still a noob to some extent and it was really hard.

No problem with that, if he want to push it, let him, save your strength for the downhill :)