Quantcast

NS Suburban 24 vs USB Molly vs Tonic Fab Fall Guy

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
All are at the best of the game in making high quality frames, and all make great 24" versions.

Which would you pick and why?

The NS is the cheapest, followed by the Molly, and at the top is the Fall Guy, would price be the decider?

Graydog

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
H-Town
I think you should be comparing the NS Capital to the Fall Guy and Molly instead of the 24 Suburban. Unless you want MTB spacing on the hubs and disk brakes. Also the Capital has an integreated headset and Spanish BB with is a big bonus in my mind.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey, thats my bike!

I would like to know the differences in geo between them all. Like standover, overall legnth, back end legnth. What it would be like to literally compare all the bikes side by side.

I think it also depends on what you want to do. Trails, street, park, combo. That could be a deciding factor right there.

Umm, Superco could be thrown in as well, for the highend side of things.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I bought my molly cuz it had a standard headset, rim brakes, 14mm dropouts, high bb so I can grind. I'm not familiar with NS but, the fallguy and molly are pretty similar. The only diff I know is the molly has slightly steeper ht/st angles which I like and the brakes.

Oh yea the fall guy has integrated headset. I think the molly's slightly lighter too.

BTW I love how my molly feels!

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
The Capital fits more in line with the Molly and FG, but I'd prefer to stick with options that allow me to re-use parts I've already got.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
It does, doesn't it?

It's ashame I'm still in college, have a few bills that need paid, have a DJ bike that I can't sell, a XC/AM bike doesn't quite fit me, and a roadbike that doesn't get enough attention.

I need to consolidate, and I'm leery if a 24" bike would help that.

However, getting this job working for a wedding photographer, or getting a high paying summer job would certainly help!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I think the Molly is cool, but I would argue the lightness factor. At 5lbs I think the fall guy will be hard to beat. On top of that, the HT and ST angles are easily adjusted by raising or lowering your fork. I believe the Molly is a tad beefier, which would be a deciding factor if I rode more street (or was going to grind more).

Stoked, will you build your bike already, jeepers!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, I was going to mention about the Capital... Suburban's a dif. category IMO.

and wow, stoked, your frame is looking the beat. I missed where you picked one of those up, did you throw up a thread on it or something? I always liked your old whip a lot, can't wait to see this one come up.
That yoke vent is killer... very sweet, but definitely asking for some packaging tape over it or something, haha... Props to Landon on that one for sure.

oh yeah, pull for the Molly! The proven stout irish lady's got some good numbers on her.

*ding ding ding* "round 3, carry on"

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Its 1:30am on a Friday morning and I just got out of bed, pressed the mid bearings, installed a ti profile spindle along with a black imperial and black race cranks. Looks sharp over the mint green.

Back to bed.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
It does matter to me. If I wanted to swap to a BMX hub and Spanish BB (i don't even have BMX cranks yet), I'd be all over the Molly. Quite a few people are selling them for around $400 with parts, which is a great deal, but I'm trying to stay under 700 per total build. If I had BMX stuff laying around (brake, rear hub, BMW cranks with Spanish BB's) I'd easily be able to stay under my limit with a used Molly.

With the Suburban, I figure I lower my Pike, new stem/bars, pair of 24" hoops laced to stuff I've already got, I should be able to stay under that cost using MTB stuff I've got laying around.

We'll see. If I get what I want for my Steelhead that'll allow me more room to spend on a new toy.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Maas built the batch we have currently in stock. Peter needs some time to spend with his Father/ Family so we will see what the future holds.

As a note, the current Gen 4 molllies are about 1lb lighter than the previous versions while still using beefy chainstays for all that Street action and available to ship with V-brake mounts.