Quantcast

Nutrition Bars

zibbler

Monkey
Does anyone know of any nutrition bars that DO NOT have soy in them. Seems they stick soy in everything these days. Problem is, I can't digest soy at all. Same with milk products. I use Optimum Nutriton 100% egg protein for my shakes, but I can't find any nutrition bars that are similar. I have a lot of food allergies. I tried a balance bar the other day. Oh my God! Within an hour I bloated up like a baloon. Withing 2 hours I was locked in the bathroom. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You looking for energy bars or protein bars?

For energy bars, I thik Powerbars are soy-free. For protein bars, Met-Rx bars might be a good choice.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
You looking for energy bars or protein bars?
Both really. I'll have to look into METrx. Taste is the other question. Do these bars taste like cardboard? I want something balanced that is also paletable. Is this asking too much? :confused: The balance bars have the perfect ratio for me, but I can't tolerate the soy. :mad:

Originally posted by zibbler

Both really. I'll have to look into METrx. Taste is the other question. Do these bars taste like cardboard? I want something balanced that is also paletable. Is this asking too much? :confused: The balance bars have the perfect ratio for me, but I can't tolerate the soy. :mad:
the metrx protein bars are really good - but RICH. I can't finish one (I tried peanut butter, I think). I'm the ANTI-chocolate - which is almost as hard to find as a bar without soy.

send me your e-mail address and I can send you a little spreadsheet I've got going on!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

the metrx protein bars are really good - but RICH. I can't finish one (I tried peanut butter, I think). I'm the ANTI-chocolate - which is almost as hard to find as a bar without soy.

send me your e-mail address and I can send you a little spreadsheet I've got going on!
Yeah, I don't like any of the chocolate ones either.:( I stick with the carrot cake Cliff Bars.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Heidi

Yeah, I don't like any of the chocolate ones either.:( I stick with the carrot cake Cliff Bars.
But those are soy, and Zibbler is looking for non-soy. SOY.

The best protein bar I have had are Nitro-Tech. They taste great and are easy to eat. Kind of expensive though, but if you've got the coin to drop, I recommend them.

scottgo

Chimp
Jun 10, 2002
Boulder CO
I have a similar problem with energy bars, I'm deathly allergic to tree nuts (not peanuts) so I can never find any energy bars that don't use almond butter. The gatorade bars are okay, but they are like flavored rice krispie treats and I'd love to have some other choices.
Scott