Quantcast

Nutrition number crunchers (short software review)

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
I recently downloaded a trial version of a program called Crosstrainer 4.5.7. Some of you have probably seen or used it before but here’s my 2 cents.

If you are a compulsive calorie counter or just want to analyze you diet for a few weeks, check it out. It comes with a database of foods and ingredients, as well as a few restaurant menus. You can add you favorite foods if they are not in there already and once you have the foods you eat regularly in the database, tracking what you eat gets pretty easy. The percentage of fat, protein, and carbs are compared in a little pie chart at the bottom of the screen next to another pie chart showing the target percentages (that you set up).

It has strength training and exercise scheduling/input capabilities that are pretty easy to fill in and automatically computes the calories burned versus your BSM right next to the aforementioned pie charts.

The program does have its bugs and the database is somewhat off on a few food items but overall I think it works pretty well. There is a new version in beta testing right now that might fix some of these issues.

More info here