Quantcast

NYC trails?

MOBEONER

Chimp
Apr 17, 2011
WILLIAMSBURG BROOKLYN
sorry 4 the noob question:
My rear shock is a fox float R talas and it's got- EXTEND, 1/4 and 1/2 on the adjustment knob, problem is in ether setting I feel like the shock bottoms out with every bump I take and I feel the hit. I am 6 foot 220lbs and the bike is a 18"... Is there something wrong with the rear shock or am I just a fat f*ck?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
put air in the shock with your shock pump until it feels right. refer to the owner's manual or the Fox shox website.

that's all I got for ya.

MOBEONER

Chimp
Apr 17, 2011
WILLIAMSBURG BROOKLYN
:eek: so i took my bike to a local bike shop to get it serviced and POW POW POW!!! I got hit with a $250 dollar bill OUCH!!!! I wonder if you guys think this is reasonable!!!

1. replaced old tires for new kenda street tires
2. Cleaned bike and frame
3. replaced rear gear cable
4. Bleed front Hydraulic brakes
5. repaired front derailleur mechanisim.
6. "supposedly" greased bearings and pivot joints.

MOBEONER

Chimp
Apr 17, 2011
WILLIAMSBURG BROOKLYN
so i hit cunningham park and i had fun. All these years of me passing by this park i never knew it has such a nice trail. Funny story- i went there late maybe around 5:30pm i had such a good time riding that nigh fell and it got dark quickly, since this was my 1st day ever in the park i got lost and couldnt find the original entry. The raccons started coming out and i start to panic and peddaling following the sounds of passing cars untill i found the way out. I was by my self but Man it was fun :)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
:eek: so i took my bike to a local bike shop to get it serviced and POW POW POW!!! I got hit with a $250 dollar bill OUCH!!!! I wonder if you guys think this is reasonable!!!

1. replaced old tires for new kenda street tires
2. Cleaned bike and frame
3. replaced rear gear cable
4. Bleed front Hydraulic brakes
5. repaired front derailleur mechanisim.
6. "supposedly" greased bearings and pivot joints.
ouch is right. $250 for that?
how much were the two tires?

MR.K

Chimp
Jan 5, 2012
Cunningham Park is nice. The trails are nice and whoever works on them does an excellent job. Although Forest Park in Queens is not as manicured, it has some good trails to ride. Also, I have never been to Highbridge Park in Manhattan, but I hear it is also an excellent place to ride.

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
Judging by the pics I might have to visit that place soon!

There's a trail in Wolfs Pond Park in SI, haven't been to it yet but supposedly it's a nice beginner trail... Plan to make that my first trail ride.

As for a bike shop in Brooklyn... I'm not sure where you're located but in my neighborhood there's Roys, probably one of the most popular ones around here and I haven't yet felt ripped off going there.

Edit: talk about reviving an older thread!

Last edited:

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
Any of you guys go weekday/weekend mornings? Say around 10/1030?

I've been going with a friend but I don't think mtb'ing is for him as he doesn't have the same motivation to go as he did before. Don't want to ride alone!

PK1

Chimp
Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the Cunny pics. Almost makes me wish my buddy hadn't just moved outta the city. We never made it there. Did Highbridge a few times... Not impressive other than some dirt jumps. Lots of trash on trails and it was really just a ridge you ride down.

A little further out, Sprain Ridge is great riding. Can ride there 40 times and still find new trails. Dense for a small place. Graham Hills is also a cool spot, all centered around one hill so fewer trails but fun.

Last edited: