Quantcast

NYCMTB hit Trumbull, CT vid...

Tai

Chimp
Nice video. I'm a little surprised that I didn't see anyone ride The Green Monster (also called The Wall); your crew looked pretty hardcore. Edited to say "Oh, second video - nice capture. Shows the steepness nicely."

I'm a bit concerned about all the skidding that I saw... I know, some people ride like that, and sometimes it just happens. However, I spent several years as one of the Trail Stewards for Trumbull and repaired more bad lines, or lines eroded from skidding, or shoddy construction on illegal stunts, than I care to remember.

Honestly, I'm curious - why is it that people feel the need to skid to a stop? It's much less efficient than a controlled stop, and does much more damage to the trail.

This isn't a troll. Thanks for any serious, thoughtful answers.

Cheers,

Tai

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
hey Jamie, i really need to get out there the next time you guys go. i can show you some stupid stuff.

-ford

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
I hate skidding, and it bugs me to watch the guys I ride with do it. Although, the thick leaves down this time of year do mitigate the damage, and make skidding unavoidable in some spots.

As a trailbuilder, it makes me cringe to watch people skid in dirt on trails that I've put many hours into, knowing the kind of work it takes to repair that damage.

Ford- on our second trip, we got the local tour, and saw your Valley Drop- it looked big on video, but in person, that's just stupid big. Unfathomably big. Would love to see (and film) you riding in that place...

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Ford- on our second trip, we got the local tour, and saw your Valley Drop- it looked big on video, but in person, that's just stupid big. Unfathomably big. Would love to see (and film) you riding in that place...
what is this "valley drop"? i've been to trumbull once, sweet place, just dont have a car to drive there nor a license. the drop in the start of the 2nd movie is fun, the landings decent enough, just the leaves kinda mess everything up (i took a nice digger off it)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
ever go to Mianus in Greenwich/Stamford? Trumbull looks sweet though...nice video. When the weather's better give me a holler...i'm always looking for bikers to practice my camera shots.