Quantcast

<~(o)~>Fried day <~(o)~>

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend at work was presenting a design for review. I pretended to not hear a certain section of it and had him repeat it multiple times. He was describing a series of "nut plungers".

I thought it was fucking hilarious. It all seemed to go over everyone else's head. These people are truly dead inside.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
busy day at work, lots to do, but I'm distracted setting up a ride with my sons ski team buddies. and shopping for new bikes for him, in case he winds up liking it. He's currently on an XS 275 Norco hardtail, but it's getting a little small. And all the other kids are on proper FS rigs... we'll see if his competitive spirit kicks in and he wants to ride moar. (fingers crossed).

At any rate, 2021 275 Norco Fluid FS' are available and not unreasonably priced. There's a couple of used bikes on PB that fit the bill too, within a 5 hour drive. One in Burlington seems like a particularly good deal. Anyways, must not get ahead of myself. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Put down a double steak burger and curly fries from Nells in La Grande. They cut the curly fries in house. So tasty and cost $9.00. Gonna need it in a couple hours when I unleash the Mullet in Les Bois.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That sounds like something I should need...
I hit em up whenever I am cruising through on 84...
Resized_20230421_111514.jpeg

I may have mentioned it before but my cardinal rule when hunting for grub on road trips - if its a burger joint thats been in business for more than 60 years I stop to see what theyre doing right. Nells curly fries hit the bullseye and they've been in business since 1955.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pulpo mole??
¡Si bueno!

The trail we just rode had a two-mile section that dropped 2000’ and ended in a neighborhood. One of our crew was riding in a sleeveless jersey, and a school kid on his way home pointed at him and yelled “¡Hola Bebe!” It was hysterical, maybe you had to be there. Five days in and I hope to Christ that this Chorizo torta I’m about to shove in my torta hole for lunch will give me the strength to ride again tomorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey ho monkeys!

I didn't feel like driving downtown for a sandwich, so I hit the pod by work. It's less than 15 minutes down the road from the office.

So for at least 5 years now, there have been a lot of carts displaced downtown to make new buildings. Some of the better carts migrated to a spot in the burbs. What used to be an undeveloped lot in the middle of town got built out as a pod. They built a permanent structure with patio and coverage and it's filled out with some great carts. It's in the middle of hell, but it's not far from the office and totally worth the effort.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
¡Si bueno!

The trail we just rode had a two-mile section that dropped 2000’ and ended in a neighborhood. One of our crew was riding in a sleeveless jersey, and a school kid on his way home pointed at him and yelled “¡Hola Bebe!” It was hysterical, maybe you had to be there. Five days in and I hope to Christ that this Chorizo torta I’m about to shove in my torta hole for lunch will give me the strength to ride again tomorrow.
I don't think that "strength" would be what you'd need to worry about with that chorizo torta... Bebe. :D