Quantcast

<o~o>Saturday GTFU already<o~o>

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Drove nearly an hour to go pick up lights for my old man's trailer, after ten minutes I got told that they have been posted to me.
Luckily I threw the camera in to the car, so I did some touristy stuff.
-6605379347229354556.jpg

IMGK2242 (2)_072215.JPG

This little guy wouldn't leave me alone, came had a peck at my shoes and kept saying- I'm real, I'm real.
IMGK1975 (2).JPG

IMGK2359 (2).JPG

EDIT- Bought some aluminum filler on the way home and had a go at welding, but I ran out of gas.
72491161974600347.jpg

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello ppl

had a wonderful friday afternoon ride yesterday. rode hard, chased KOMs just for fun. Came back spent and jumped in the shower only to pop a migraine. Took my usual cocktail of rocketfuel and slept for 10 hours like the dead.

Prolly no ride today, sadly, but will try a long one tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah we got the bad air quality today. Wife and I were going to MTB today but she wants no part of that air and I'm not going to argue. So, no idea what we'll do today. I'll probably hop on the KICKR at some point. Watching TdF and drinking coffee right now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hmmmn, hills are brown and covered with 3-4 foot tall dead grasses, its going to hit 105 in the shade with winds of 10-15 mph and its fourth of July weekend ....what could go wrong
It's been exceptionally wet here, grass on our property is 4ft high. Forecast says storms tomorrow afternoon, so I'm hoping for plenty of rain after 4PM.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Putting the pool up today. I have to recess 12 pressure treated blocks into the ground, and in the infinite wisdom of the pool manufacturer, it has to be done after the pool is assembled. No, a simple diagram locating all blocks would be too costly and difficult to produce.

Going to hit 111 today, so we'll see how much I get done before satan's asshole has fully descended on the valley.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Raining, again. Doggos will have none of that.
Ordered front boost adapter from amazon.
Contemplating buying a used Reserve carbon wheelset, but I break everything.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Rode a trail I haven’t been on in a few years, this morning. It was quite enjoyable.

Had a family thing last night. Set off a shit load of fireworks. Kiddo swam and played with cousins. ‘Twas a good night.

10E3924A-4C69-45CC-BC5A-26FC46B895D8.jpeg

3F79B535-0B54-49E6-A30E-98CBBB997A71.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Supposed to ride, if the girlfriend ever finishes getting ready for the day. 12pm, twiddling thumbs. Each minute that goes by the temperature and humidity is going up.... :wacko:

Anyways, if we do go for a ride, I look forward to cold beer and swimming after.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Raining, again. Doggos will have none of that.
Ordered front boost adapter from amazon.
Contemplating buying a used Reserve carbon wheelset, but I break everything.
You missed the We Are One and Hadley wheelset for $1000!

Have you checked out the Santa Cruz aluminum wheels? Also has lifetime warranty, if I'm not mistaken.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You missed the We Are One and Hadley wheelset for $1000!

Have you checked out the Santa Cruz aluminum wheels? Also has lifetime warranty, if I'm not mistaken.
Didn't miss it. Still on the sturdy fast accelerating wheel size. New alloy Reserve would be same price as found carbon set, with new Conti tires and rear noodle... :think: asked if he registered his set.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The original install job on my diff was done incorrectly by the mechanic in Phoenix back in jan, (bad pinion preload caused binding)

The previous mechanic last week jacked up my new ring and pinion parts and master install kit that I had to have air freighted from cali and still didn't complete the job, fired him, put the jeep back together myself enough to get it on a flatbed, got a tow for the jeep and RV to a new mechanic but no parts are available, nobody is open and no dealer within 300 miles can book an appointment within 3-4 weeks.

Tensions are running high and I am at deafcon 9

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The original install job on my diff was done incorrectly by the mechanic in Phoenix back in jan, (bad pinion preload caused binding)

The previous mechanic last week jacked up my new ring and pinion parts and master install kit that I had to have air freighted from cali and still didn't complete the job, fired him, put the jeep back together myself enough to get it on a flatbed, got a tow for the jeep and RV to a new mechanic but no parts are available, nobody is open and no dealer within 300 miles can book an appointment within 3-4 weeks.

Where are you again? Maybe try putting out a call for help on Pirate 4x4, someone local may be able to get you sorted out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early to run errands then took the kiddo to the local splash pad. 27 minute ride and she barfed 24 minutes in, seems to be consistent with the last ride we took. So dramamine it'll have to be.

Now more drywall mud. Way too much fun.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

One mark of a true professional in many things is to know when you are in over your head. Too many cocky cowboys just think they can figure shit out. This goes from surgery to construction, engineering, hell, even arborists and things like that.

EDIT: It is also a bit of human nature, and every one of us can be guilty of this. It’s also a sign of maturity and honestly assessing one’s skills.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't get the enjoyment of hiking, riding, karting, going to the pool, or basically anything. But at least I can sit on the deck and study for now. The sun feels kinda nice.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Bucket list check mark,

30 year old backhoe acquired...

Needs parking brake and has a brake fluid leak somewhere. One stabilizer cylinder has a leak. What else am I going to find wrong?

Been reading that when the parking dies, it dumps metal shavings into the tranny fluid. Will need to investigate that.

Now I need a giant trailer and bigger vehicle, maybe a dump truck???

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

If you want something done right, got to do it yourself.