Quantcast

##o## Wake up, dammit Tuesday GMT ##o##

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My legs are sore from running around the high school track for an hour before sunrise this morning. 8.6 miles, 6:58 avg pace. Hey now!!

Eric, best of luck to your wife...and you as well.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Been sleeping pretty damned well recently actually. Combination of colder temps (not surprising) and ear plugs (surprising). In the past, something about the ear plugs throws off my equilibrium and I wake up throughout the night with hardcore bouts of the spins. Given that spins = vomit, the lack of spins and vomiting is a pleasant development.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up at 4:20am. Frig. I planned on waking up early, but that's too early. Of course, I have a meeting this afternoon so I can't even dip out early for a nap.

I want to ride, but I'm super tired. However, if I ride, I will be even more tired and could probably goto sleep at 9pm. But, then I'll wake up at fiveayem again. What a conundrum!

I guess with it being Halloween, most of the office people here will leave early for their kids. Maybe I can sneak out a bit early...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Woke up at 4:20am. Frig. I planned on waking up early, but that's too early. Of course, I have a meeting this afternoon so I can't even dip out early for a nap.

I want to ride, but I'm super tired. However, if I ride, I will be even more tired and could probably goto sleep at 9pm. But, then I'll wake up at fiveayem again. What a conundrum!

I guess with it being Halloween, most of the office people here will leave early for their kids. Maybe I can sneak out a bit early...
just blaze!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working from Colorado Center today. Traffic blows goats. Got here just in time, though, and will have Thai for lunch and take home Thai for dinner as well.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
nice dusting of snow in the canyon.
woke up high energy. my intentions for the day were to spread good vibes and the energy I woke up with. Seems to be working. Already made a couple notoriously ornery coworkers smile. :)

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Nice ride before work today with some of the guys from work, including dah boss. He's braking in his new bike. Threw in some extra miles in on some other trails High 50's/ low 60's during the ride at 6:30, i was cold. High of 85 today, same as yesterday.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hey! Guess who got their first sub job lined up! First day of work in almost exactly 3 months!!!!! It's time. I'm ready. Take me to the playground! Yep! Playground and library duty for two days, this should be interesting!

Happy Halloween!

PBHAS

Chimp
Oct 20, 2017
I know this will be shocking. Quite shocking. But no one wants my second Tori Amos ticket. Apparently, people find her depressing. I'm glad you're all on my side with this one. I can see all of your heads nodding in agreement with me. It feels nice that you guys have my back.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know this will be shocking. Quite shocking. But no one wants my second Tori Amos ticket. Apparently, people find her depressing. I'm glad you're all on my side with this one. I can see all of your heads nodding in agreement with me. It feels nice that you guys have my back.
why you have not just 1, but 2 tori amos tickets is as surprising and confusing as the fact that tori amos is still touring.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can we call it a day yet? Holly hell, I am NOT looking forward to the kids in the 'hood tonight.

Anyone else live in the "good hood"? In my neighborhood, there are MAYBE 2 dozen kids. We will get at least 200 kids tonight, they come in vans from the other side of town. My hood isn't as nice as it used to be, but it is still one of the better areas of town. Not "full bars" good, but still good.

Of course the wife gives out chips, so I figure we will end up with about 42 bags of Frito's nobody wants. :rofl:

I only bought 250 bags ($70, not horrible), so when they are gone, turn out the lights.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thai for lunch
"Thai mild" is absolutely perfect. (American scale goes from 0-7. Thai medium is a 20 on their scale, apparently. Thai mild is somewhere in between.)

Now if only I could take a nap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Thai mild" is absolutely perfect. (American scale goes from 0-7. Thai medium is a 20 on their scale, apparently. Thai mild is somewhere in between.)

Now if only I could take a nap.
When my buddy Danny was running a food truck (his wife actually worked it) he told her "when you make his burrito, put a TON of pepper sauce in it. If you think you put too much, add a little more and it should be about right." :rofl:

He came up with "The Peoples Burrito" that was General Tso chicken, rice, and a cabbage slaw in a flour tortilla (might have been other ingredients, I don't recall).

<edit> His folks just sold their restaurant to retire, some of the best Chinese foods I've ever had. :(