Quantcast

Oct 23 Meeting for XC Trails &Bicycle Challenge Area" in Montogmery County, MD

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
Oct 23 Meet for Project with "Bicycle Challenge Area" & XC trails!
What is a "Bicycle Challenge Area"? How about a couple of pump tracks and all-mountain, beginner/intermediate freeride trails

The "Challenge Area" will be possibly located South East Laytonsville in Montgomery County and will be build working closely with IMBA. While there is not a large amount of elevation change there is potentual for fun and challenging trails for experianced riders.

The XC trail should be about 12 miles long located near Laytonsville, Olney and Rockville in Montgomery County. Some connector sections might be paved but the majority of trail will be natural surface.

It is important to have a good showing at this meeting to supprt this project!

If you have any questions, let me know. Some project info will not be released until the meeting.

Following is the offical Public Notice for the meeting.

Public Meeting Notice

Upper Rock Creek Trail Corridor Plan

Please join us to discuss the Upper Rock Creek Trail Corridor Plan on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:30 PM at the Shady Grove Maintenance Facility (16641 Crabbs Branch Way, Rockville).

The topics of discussion will be:

a. Creating a continuous shared use trail system linking trails in Rock Creek Regional Park northward to the Patuxent River.

b. Providing a challenge mountain bike course at George Carson Farm Park

c. Linking the Rock Creek Hiker Biker Trail to the Lake Frank trail system

d. Identifying interpretive themes along the trail corridor

More information about these topics and the meeting agenda will be prepared in the next two weeks and will be available at www.montgomerytrails.org We will also send out a follow-up email with a more detailed agenda prior to the meeting.

Fall is a busy time of year so we just wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible about the meeting!

If you have questions, please call me (see below) or email me (lyn.coleman@mncppc-mc.org)

Lyn Coleman, Park and Trail Planning Supervisor
Montgomery County Department of Parks
Park Planning and Stewardship Division
301-650-4391
www.montgomerytrails.org