Quantcast

Official 2006 Secret Santa Thread!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well My secret Santa came up BIG, and when I say BIG I MEAN BIG!

Pics in a bit.....

thanks Price! YOU ROCK! PS I waited till a nice toasty state to open, and the laughing commenced upon opening! (The foam used to wrap the stuff with is hysterical)

in a word

TEXAS

Merry Christmas, and thanks again Price!
you need to wear that hat where ever you go. The shirt is a LBS around here. I would have found you a beer recipe like you asked for, but me being 17, I wouldn't know where to go about doing that. Hope you enjoy.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
you need to wear that hat where ever you go. The shirt is a LBS around here. I would have found you a beer recipe like you asked for, but me being 17, I wouldn't know where to go about doing that. Hope you enjoy.
right on! You did real well considering my anemic list! I had no idea what to ask for, yet you did well none the less!

The hat is fvcking hysterical! I was wearing it while watching TV/drinking beer. When Bek came home she was like "WHAT THE...... and Emma wanted to take it from me and wear it! thanks for the T-shirt. I'd like to start collecting them from other bike shops, your shirt is early on in the collection thanks! And yes I used the glass last night (its a Texas sized glass :thumb:)

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
No word of mine yet, but we had a pretty crazy snow storm that shut down the city for a few days, so I'll give it a few more days -- I'm sure the shipping companies have a ton of stuff to catch up on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tigg I contacted your SS. I would find it hard to believe that this SS didn't send it. However I have PM'ed him and I am waiting for a response.

Bldr_DH, I think you may be right about the snow.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Haha -- got a PM from my SS. Thanks Zman! I'm sure I made a fool of myself in the reply. I could've sworn the message said, "I'm a friend of your SS", so I replied asking Zman to thank my SS, but alas it was "I am your SS."

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Tigg I contacted your SS. I would find it hard to believe that this SS didn't send it. However I have PM'ed him and I am waiting for a response.

Bldr_DH, I think you may be right about the snow.
Yeah, I'm just busting chops. I'm sure it's on it's way... :)

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Just got my stuff in after the snow. Zman sent me some Crank Bros. Premium cleats and a much needed pair of socks! Definitely stoked! Thanks mang.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
w00t!!! :banana: Got my gifts yesterday!!! (As if there was ever any doubt! :p ) Reflux came through in a big way with some of these for those chilly day/night rides... :thumb:

He also sent along a really cool little Heineken pilsner glass (10oz.?) that was in a tin. I can't be sure (and can't find a piture of it on the interweb), but it looks like it might have actually come from the Heineken Brewery in Amsterdam as there are references on the tin about taking the brewery tour. I collect beer glasses of all sorts so that is a very cool addition!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Andrew!!! :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
lots of stuff
I'm glad you liked (and rec'd...) the package. Wrt to the glass, yes, it is from across the pond. Several of them were gifted to me a few years back, and a couple extras were sitting in a box in my apartment. Hehe, they do no good sitting in a box.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm glad you liked (and rec'd...) the package. Wrt to the glass, yes, it is from across the pond. Several of them were gifted to me a few years back, and a couple extras were sitting in a box in my apartment. Hehe, they do no good sitting in a box.
So are you admitting to "Re-gifting"?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
So are you admitting to "Re-gifting"?
Good question. Hmm...I guess it all depends on one's definition of re-gifting. I associate the term with re-gifting crap, namely something as worthless as a keeper ring on Paris Hilton (sweaters, etc). The Heini beer glass that Tigg received however, is a pretty cool deal imo. It's a glass given to tour attendees at the Heini beer factory in Holland. After all, a gift that has been re-gifted is (more than likely) destined to be gifted again several more times throughout its lifetime, but Tigg's glass is new and has probably found its permanent home.

So, your answer? A definite maybe.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Well, my secret santa just keeps on giving! A DVD of The World's Fastest Indian showed up on my doorstep yesterday! WooHoo! TMX Rocks!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So is it safe to assume that everybody received their gifts this year?

If so that is awesome and I'm uber happy that this thing went off without a hitch!

Thanks to everybody who joined and I'll be looking forward to doing this all again next year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
A Huge thanks to you Stosh - it is really great of you to coordinate this every year!!!!
It's not really a big deal, I've got a system down. The hardest part is sending out all the e-mails once I make the pairs.