Quantcast

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
105 degrees and 30mph wind gusts yesterday. 12 miles of that, each way, that wasn't too much fun. Especially since I'm on a singlespeed running 46x16.

40 miles total yesterday.

And another bee almost got me, but this time it just smacked into my glasses.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
My best man lives there...just look for the drunk Canadian guy.

Commute in was excellent this am. Has anyone figured out how to have a bite before waking up so you're not halfway full while pedaling and not halfway starved at the same time?
Well that narrows it down, it he a teacher?.......:confused:

I have a large cup of half coffee and half milk before I leave the house. I eat breakfast when I get to work.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Landed a new job, Roughly a 6 mile commute each way, pretty happy about that.
Still have my bakery job as well, so I'll probably be putting in about 85 miles/week just in commuting. Not too shabby.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Tuesday I stood up to sprint and snapped a spoke and bent my rear wheel. I think this wheel is done. 2 years old/5K-ish miles, so I'm not too surprised.

So I've been riding my heavier Kona the last few days. Looking at getting a cargo bike soon...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Oh yeah, on Tuesday another bee stung me in the face. It somehow flew behind the bridge on my glasses and got me between the eyes. Not sure what's up with me and bees lately...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'm still riding in every morning towing the girl. It's been awesome bonding time and I'll be bummed when my wife drops to half time at work and we don't to ride in as much. All this month I've gotten her up and we've watched the Tour while eating breakfast and then hopped in the trailer to head to work/daycare. Bonding over bikes...can't beat it!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm still riding in every morning towing the girl. It's been awesome bonding time and I'll be bummed when my wife drops to half time at work and we don't to ride in as much. All this month I've gotten her up and we've watched the Tour while eating breakfast and then hopped in the trailer to head to work/daycare. Bonding over bikes...can't beat it!
:thumb:

Putting in some OT at work, so I was on my way in as the sun was coming up this morning. Still 100 degrees and pretty humid this week. Yeesh.

Rode to my parent's house last night after work...it was late so they gave me a ride home. Felt weird to ride in a car...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
First full month of commuting in to work is coming to an end. I kind of miss the longer commute I used to have, but the headwinds I face on my shorter ride now almost make up for it. I am going to have to work hard next month to hit 1,000 since my commuting mileage this month was a paltry 504.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
First full month of commuting in to work is coming to an end. I kind of miss the longer commute I used to have, but the headwinds I face on my shorter ride now almost make up for it. I am going to have to work hard next month to hit 1,000 since my commuting mileage this month was a paltry 504.
Just add on to your commute. I moved way closer to work but I just do an extended commute.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Heat has been brutal this summer. I usually don't mind riding in nasty weather, but its just been killing me.
Might end up breaking down and buying a car soon. Just to give me a break every so often.

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Coming home from work yesterday through Sockenplan (great Thai restaurant at the roundabout) I looked down at my computer. In a partial aero tuck, big ring, gentle elevation loss, I see 68Kph....sweet. I also see that my computer is in odometer mode, and it just turned 2000Km for the year.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I bought a car...(sacrilege)...summers here were killing me. 110 every afternoon.

But hopefully now that I have the commuter squared away again I can get back to it.

mrbigisbudgood, props on the miles! (Km's)

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Grabbed the roadie today. But not out of boredom, I need to bring it to the Specialized Concept Store.

Last time I had it in the stand, I rotated the bike and heard something banging around inside the frame. I suspected the worst. I dropped the fork, rotated the bike and what falls out.......a rivet. Now there are about 12 rivets on a carbon Specialized frame, and I am going to let Specialized deal with it.

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
12C this morning.

Knicker length bibs, shorts (made from cut off cargo pants), short sleeve jersey, lightweight Gore jacket.

Any colder and I will have to start wearing long sleeves and full length bibs. The cold is coming.........

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Damn cold this morning. Definitely feels like fall, which means it's time for cyclocross!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Damn cold this morning. Definitely feels like fall, which means it's time for cyclocross!!
mornings can be cool here but it's still in the mid to high 80's in the afternoon. Webcyclery's cx race is tonight - I'll go heckle.:thumb:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I put on the full fenders last week and had to zip up the plastic shield on the bike trailer for my daughter. Fun in the rain!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Been having to drive to work the last couple days, since the power is out at Home , I can't get my Bike out of the garage. ( the only entrance in or out of my garage is through the garage door. )
How did that ever pass a building inspection? Talk about fire trap!

splat

Nam I am
How did that ever pass a building inspection? Talk about fire trap!
Well if you in the garage it is easy to get out. Plus the House is 50 years old , so code was different back then.

Just pull the red handle by the opener to manually release the door off the lead screw.
Yeah, you have to Be Inside the garage to do that !

We finally went through the attic and dropped into the garage , then were able to open the door.

splat

Nam I am
Last night on my Ride home , I took a stick in the derailer about 10 miles from home. it was a mangled Mess. so I Twited and pushed and shove and got it so it was in "a" gear. was able to pedal home, all be it slow because it was in a low gear. so today , I have a New ( used ) rear derailer, new Front Derailleur and a New ( used ) bottom Bracket. have a New cassette and chain to put on , but waiting for the new rings to show up. Also Getting a new ( used ) rear wheel. the Bike has been needing some love.