Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So I am officially covering interbike (specifically the gravity side of it) for Ridemonkey.

What do you guys want to see? Anything in particular at dirt demo, the indoor show etc?

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
Rode past Ibis HQ today, they were packing up the U-haul with their stuff heading out for Interbike. Everything was in boxes except for a couple Mojo SL's and a Tranny with what looked like a new Marzo 44. I wish I could have been hired there to at least sweep the floor... Haha.

Coverage of the SRAM booth please. Most of the big stuffs info is already out but I want to see more.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
... well, now that you ask...

EDIT: Pat reminds me: I definitely DON'T want to see pics of dudes wearing spandex and cod-pieces dressed up looking like the cop from the Village People... or chicks getting their rack buffed and painted to look like they're wearing a shirt... don't get me wrong - boobs are awesome in every way, but there's go to be something like 3 million other places to find that stuff in the internets... but then again I-Bike is near Vegas... ahhh... a lost cause.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Some nice close ups of the new Turner DHR would be great.
The new POC (?) armor and helmet offerings, if there are any present.

Thx.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
i think we would all be happy with whatever you showed us, as long as it didn't contain salad being eaten from a jacuzzi with dude/dudes present. who shall remain nameless.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Take an angle finder and tape measure. Give us real world session 88 geometry.
Do any component manus produce funky brake levers ala straightline but for the new styke XT/saint lever.
Troy lee D3 ? helmet
More belt drive bikes
Any 83mm cranks that are new and light

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
2009 Boxxer info? Info on the Giant Sunday copy, is it a 2010 product? Is the new DHX are 2009 product, I have not seen any 2009 bikes with the shock? Any news on UST - rims and tires options?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You better get that pass for the Evil stuff. Especially xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx standing next to their new products...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The RC4 fox stuff is 2010. You won't see anyone but factory teams on it until this time next year.
Ok but Fox seems to have a different calendar than the rest of us. Thought it would be out some time next year since it was on display at Eurobike and looked very production ready.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
According to my guy at fox, it will be out Sept. 2009 for the public. It is currently still under development, with no one but factory teams on it until late summer. The media isn;t even allowed to try them, with supervision, until spring.

And ya, their calendars are confusing over in Watsonville.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
If you could slip over to booth 5057 and score some pics of the new Knolly it would make me very happy.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
The RC4 fox stuff is 2010. You won't see anyone but factory teams on it until this time next year.
My Fox guy says something else. It's 09 and tomorrow/today we'll see the first 09 out of the box bike with it spec'd as standard. Look forward to it ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Currently sitting in my room at the Palazzo.

Also to the fox guy, RC4 is 2010. Quote from the head of Fox's Race Development Program "The DHX RC4 will most likely be raced on exclusively by factory teams in 2009."

Last edited:

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
I'm really looking forward to this show. I fly out tomorrow. Maybe I'll post some pics as well, but I'd say your all much better off with Transcends' photography ;)