Quantcast

Ok let's here all about Beacon!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by PsychO!1
Hey Rhino...

I've gone through the shoulder dislocation and my advise is wear the sling and do EVERYTHING the doctor's tell you, go through physical therapy if you can.

When a shoulder is dislocated, especially for a long period of time, there is extensive damage to the tendons that hold shoulder in place. If they don't heal properly, the dislocation will be more likley to happen again....and easier.

Mine came out about 20 times in 10 years. It got to the point it came out reaching for a beer!!!! Even came out in my sleep once, that's when I decided it was time for surgery.

I'm no doctor, just my experience.

By the way, my first dislocation was very similar to your experience. It was out for about 3 hours before it was put back in at the ER.
A lot of tendon damage is done in that time.
I hear ya.

I am in the sling when I am not driving or working (computer desk job) Unfortunately I hear to many stories like yours...:( I am not going to go riding before it's time...thats for sure. I will make an appointment shortly.

It was between 1-1.5 hours before it was put back in. Long enough to get down teh mountain checked out to the truck and to the ER. I don't think I could have lasted the 3 hrs....yikes :dead:

Rhino

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
you guys all need to learn how to crash!
i took 2 REALLY nasty spills, and came away from both with a slightly pulled groin (feels ok now) a HUGE bruise on my hip, and a small scrape on my back.
1st one, on the second double at the end, came in really nose heavy, tagged my front wheel on the front of the tranny, and flipped onto my back, while on the bike (i think). Derek saw it, maybey he can tell me what happened. something to be said for lightweight riders, and the "tuck and roll" method:D
second one. wasnt paying attention, and came off the rock drop before the doubles at the end, as far left as you can go, however high to flat it was, i landed and totally cratered in the soft dirt. my second run was a crash fest, 3 good ones, i dont even remeber what heppened. i just lost my concentration and fell all over.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
Another very fun race and another well deserved...uh i mean there was no one else to give it to.... metal. Ya thats right first place collegiate c

This weekend was alot nicer to me only one little crash instead of something like 7 stupid little wrecks in the blast off (I go slow my wrecks aren't bad that all you that go fast)

Rob

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
good times, so im cruzin around in the lot and my pedal stripps and my brand new FSA V-drives are striped on the drive side! so my wonderful mother runs me all ove spokane looking for a new set and i mean did we go all over so i got the crankls swaped um and every things runin again. becuse of the crank fiasco i only got 2 practice runs in and im clearen every thing feelen good. the next mornin im kinda tired and only got one run in. so im doin good and i get here ( see image) my fork bottems becuse im 180 and riding with stock springs so im bucked forward and fly into the tree of the the left side where the go around meets the course, slaming the small of my back then plowing onto my chest. and that just finished me off i was out of it. runin my race runs i just kinda cruzed too most of the goarounds and just kinda had fun, ran a 2.25. so im feelen more confident on the second run doin well clearen every thin again then i get to the rock step up type thing be for where i crashed, bike shoots out from under me of into the flags, i grave it and finish my run with a 2.23 so over all the ridin kinda sucked but it was still fun. o and thanks to AJ for haven the casette tool and allen that i needed cuse mine were locked in my van.

Attachments

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
I think we should ask for a volume discount at the ER next time.......lol I was in the hospital maybe an hour. and then sent packing. I am sore this morning but am out of the sling to work or drive.

Rhino "scaredy cat" from WA
well, if you went to Sacred Heart... expect to bent over on the bill... i just got mine finally... $1600! :eek: i'm disputing it. they didn't do dick, except take some xrays, tell me it was broke, and told me to see my doc when i got home... oh and wrote me a couple scripts to cover me until i got home... NOT 1600 worth in my opinion. VG can attest for their lack of expediency in getting to us also. :rolleyes:

but i do think you've got something there on the volume discount thing! ;)

i'll see you in Winthrop, if you're still not back to riding by then we can be shuttle drivers/photographers for the weekend :)

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
are any of the WIM series races more technical? As in, more stiff to deal with in between the jumps and berms? more rocky, denser dirt, steeper.... less open desert-ish?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Toshi
you guys are STILL riding without health insurance?
I have health insurance. I realized yesterday they didn't even ask me for my insurance info at the ER.

I am checking out what I need to do with my insurance company today.

Rhino

DHRacer I think I went to Valley :think: One exit east of Argonne.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SebringMGB
are any of the WIM series races more technical? As in, more stiff to deal with in between the jumps and berms? more rocky, denser dirt, steeper.... less open desert-ish?
Says the man who crashed hard a couple times this weekend....:D

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
winthrop is tight at the top, a little tech in places... it's by far a better course than days of old, that's for sure... all thanks to Speedbump (thanks Dave, you da man! :thumb: )

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
well, went to the docs yesterday, still another 6-8 weeks before thinking about getting on a bike.

in the xray, it still looks broke, but you can fainly see some calcium bridges forming.

he said since it was broken "up" and seperated, it'll take a little longer than normal for it to completely mend.

Hey Rhino, what's the prognosis on you? when will you be back in the saddle again?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by DHRacer
who said they didn't have insurance?:confused:
all this talk about the cost of the ER visit has me wondering. isn't that what insurance is supposed to cover?

I have health insurance. I realized yesterday they didn't even ask me for my insurance info at the ER.

I am checking out what I need to do with my insurance company today.

Rhino
:thumb: :D

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
all this talk about the cost of the ER visit has me wondering. isn't that what insurance is supposed to cover?

:thumb: :D

insurance doesn't cover everything. most policies have a deductible (mine's $300) then will only cover 80% up to a certain dollar amount before it kicks in at 100%. (my max out of pocket amount is $1000)

with my insurance, i have pay 1300 out of pocket until 100% coverage kicks in.

the dollar amounts and percentages vary from carrier to carrier, but you do have to pay when you get hurt :(

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by DHRacer
insurance doesn't cover everything. most policies have a deductible (mine's $300) then will only cover 80% up to a certain dollar amount before it kicks in at 100%. (my max out of pocket amount is $1000)

with my insurance, i have pay 1300 out of pocket until 100% coverage kicks in.

the dollar amounts and percentages vary from carrier to carrier, but you do have to pay when you get hurt :(
So far...my plan. I am not sure, but for now I have this info.

$75 ER Copay
$100 Deductible
100% after that(but not positive). So I am out of pocket $175, unless it isn't 100% after the deductible.

Doctors visits and Perscriptions are $15 copay

Hey DHRacer, that $1000 out of pocket for each occurance? Or is that in a year.....if so you have used your $1000 and now anything else is covered, right? Not that I hope you have to use it much more. :( but for follow up visits......yes?

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Says the man who crashed hard a couple times this weekend....:D
HEY! what i was getting at... was the beacon course is open, and fast. i dont often ride at places set up like beacon, i like (or am used to) fighting my way down, as opposed to flying down a loose dusty trail and doing front flips off the tranny on big doubles :)

oops :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SebringMGB
HEY! what i was getting at... was the beacon course is open, and fast. i dont often ride at places set up like beacon, i like (or am used to) fighting my way down, as opposed to flying down a loose dusty trail and doing front flips off the tranny on big doubles :)

oops :D
OOooooo:eek: I didn't know that was you. Yikes. Helps when you have a face to tie to that pic.....

Wenatchee is open and has some tight trees. Good dirt..not really to dusty
Chelan Is desert Sage and rocks...loose and dusty.
Winthrop is mostlyhigh mountain pine trees....not real close togeather...but can be dusty. The first race is not as dusty as the MTB festival in the late fall.

I like Spokane then Wenatchee then Winthrop/Chelan (tie) they both have irksome shuttle issues but also have interesting terrain that are really different.

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
I am glad to here that you guys/gals all maid it back alive.... hehehe man those are some sick pics..... wait till derk gets the video's up on his site that will be something.... i would tell you about my ride SAT/SUN but hell no you guys stole the show....

OLY :way to go,picking up your time....
Derekpearson: great pictures as if there was ever a bad one¤
HippieKai: dang dude i saw that pic.... but at least you went! although i would rather the dirt in my nose then the injury get well soon!!! oh and even when your hurten you still take great pics..

RhinofromWA: you da man.....do you always get up and do it again....like this guy is like Superman with out the S t-shirt

Jr_Bullit: ummm yea nice .....ahhhh yea very nice ummm yeahhh advatar
PsychO!1: way to go man lets see 3rd spot next time around!
Velocity Girl: See women do fly, even when men are looking!!!

Hope to make it next time.... and again "Sorry about the injuries" here this 24oz oh heineken is for you!!!

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
So far...my plan. I am not sure, but for now I have this info.

$75 ER Copay
$100 Deductible
100% after that(but not positive). So I am out of pocket $175, unless it isn't 100% after the deductible.

Doctors visits and Perscriptions are $15 copay

Hey DHRacer, that $1000 out of pocket for each occurance? Or is that in a year.....if so you have used your $1000 and now anything else is covered, right? Not that I hope you have to use it much more. :( but for follow up visits......yes?
mine is
$50 ER copay
$300 deductible
80% up to $1000
100% after first $1000...

now, the $1000 does not include the 300 deductible, so max out of pocket before insurance picks up the full bill is $1300. and it's per year.

this my first major thing for the year, so, i've not paid anything toward my deductible yet... however, i got a statement from my insurance yesterday for the "Doctors" portion of the bill... $595 for this guy... the breakdown went as follows:
$148 ER Physician
$447 Surgery

:confused: surgery? I don't remember any surgery? (umm, yeah, i'll be disputing this one!)

i can only imagine what the $959 "hospital" portion of the bill will entail? :(

what a fricking joke! at least i had someone there (thanks VG :) ) that can attest to the fact that they really didn't do dick for me (at least not $1600 worth), and we waited... and waited... (sigh)

Happy Humpday to all :D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Yes, we waited forever in the ER!!! My only entertainment was listening to the guy in the other half of the room whining and complaining about an infection in his toe and getting all embarassed when the very cute nurse had to give him a shot in the butt!!!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
yeah i think the Spokompton docs are a bit on the slow side....i had to tell them what to wrap when they did my cast...keeped telling me i broke my thumb! uh NO the x-ray is right here dude and it's my wrist see????
man that was lame:rolleyes:

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
We should just be lucky insurance is covering anything. More and more doctors these days won't even take insurance and are switching over to cash only. The whole health care system is really messed up.

You should see the bill for a month stay in the hospital :dead:, heck, even a week for that matter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Honeywell
We should just be lucky insurance is covering anything. More and more doctors these days won't even take insurance and are switching over to cash only. The whole health care system is really messed up.
er, reference please? :devil: i know of doctors who won't take medicare, but that's completely different.

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
er, reference please? :devil: i know of doctors who won't take medicare, but that's completely different.
My dad's dentist stopped taking any kind of insurance, and there was a story on the news about a local family doctor who works cash only. I'll try and dig up a link.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
so i just got back from a "real" docter here is b-town and guess what....

...the dorks at spokane vally hospitle were wrong!!!:rolleyes: I have no brake what so ever. The bone that they thought i had broken off was a bone that was supposed to be there but they had just taken a REALY bad x-ray.:rolleyes:
the docters today made fun of the spokomton docs a bunch it was great:D
so now i have a wrist brace and will be back on a bike in 3 weeks:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
interesting, thanks for the link. i'd never heard of this.

and that's also great news, kai, maybe you won't have to lower your asking much more in your self-for-sale thread before getting any takers :D
yeah i thought i'd have to discount for broken parts but now it's a freshly repaired item.....BUY NOW!!!