Quantcast

okay, WTH is cadet?

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
never heard of it before, does anybody know, i keep hearing it here but i've never heard of it at any american races

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by NRSracer
never heard of it before, does anybody know, i keep hearing it here but i've never heard of it at any american races
b/c our catagories are set up differently in junior. i am guessing it's like a sport divison maybe? not quite sure, however i'm sure a simple google search for the canadian cycling board may solve some of the confusion possibly?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Junior is 17-18
cadet is under 16.
in some countries they also have Minime which is under 14. Usacycling doesn't use the uci age group classifications for juniors...
Most countries do not have ability graded categories for juniors, or anyone else for that matter. usually you'll have a few age graded races but by and large the two categories you have to choose from are Elite or Elite without contract! welcome to the real world ya'll!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Capt. Burntout
Junior is 17-18
cadet is under 16.
in some countries they also have Minime which is under 14. Usacycling doesn't use the uci age group classifications for juniors...
Most countries do not have ability graded categories for juniors, or anyone else for that matter. usually you'll have a few age graded races but by and large the two categories you have to choose from are Elite or Elite without contract! welcome to the real world ya'll!
Here we have have
Bibitte which is really young like 8-10 i think
PeeWee 11-12
Minime 13-14
Cadet 15-16
Junoir sport +Expert 17-18