Quantcast

"Old" Balfa BB7, can somebody explain the diferences....!?!?

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Wow, good work! You definitely have a skill there! But I'm really surprised you didn't go with a conventional above the axle setup. Certainly with your crafting skill you could make some kind of a clamp to attach onto the seattube for the frame mount position. Any reason why you didn't go that route?

Maybe it's the angle of the photo but the floater doesn't appear to be parallel to me???

Looks cool, I always enjoy your posts!

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
WheelieMan said:
Wow, good work! You definitely have a skill there! But I'm really surprised you didn't go with a conventional above the axle setup. Certainly with your crafting skill you could make some kind of a clamp to attach onto the seattube for the frame mount position. Any reason why you didn't go that route?
You are right and i don't have a proper answer for it, i just want to try a low mounting and see what happend, just remenber this is more a way of learning more than a Practical aplication..

alos notice i left more than suffient material at the top just in case I want to runa upper mount
Maybe it's the angle of the photo but the floater doesn't appear to be parallel to me???
what part the gold Arm...??
i can tell you the whole floater is concentric to the hub axle and it rotates really easy (specially for a chessy as it is)

i apreciate your input very much so please expalin your concerns, maybe i made a silly mistake i did not even see (will not be the first time for sure) in a typical GeekyRicky way
Looks cool, I always enjoy your posts!
well i always enjoy your responses, sound, practical and right on the money..

I Start a Whole new tread just about the floater project so we don't confuse the balfa diferences any more..

Ian - AE86

Chimp
Sep 10, 2006
IMPRESSIVE MACHINING!!

I am impressed...i am looking at getting a Balfa bb7 myself and looked at one today and wanted to check to see if it was an older model or a newer model.

Great reading in this thread and some great machining work at the end...just like im used to in!