Quantcast

OMFG- I told ya this would happen

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the second story is incredible.

the fact that that crazy guy went back in twice to recon is just insane. He has some huge balls.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by LordOpie
the second story is incredible.

the fact that that crazy guy went back in twice to recon is just insane. He has some huge balls.
My thoughts exactly Opie, my cynicism aside it might actually make a pretty good movie. Now if we could just get Pvt Lynch to fall in love with the husky yet strikingly western looking Iraqi lawyer Mohammed (to be played by Billy Zane) we'd have a perfect Hollywood ending.;)
(LOL- Above I typed all cynicism aside- yeah, for all of 1 sentence- I hope my bike gets here soon, I really need to ride:D )

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I wish I knew exactly what went down in the rescue operation. I was watching Bill O'Reilly the other night, and he had on an Army colonel who gave some vague details. He said the SEALS and Rangers swarm the building and head directly to the POW. Once they grab her, they immediately retreat from the hospital. While in the building, they kill anyone that looks the slightest bit threatening. The colonel said special operations like that are successful because of how fast our men move and the fact they they are extremely violent and take no chances.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I wish I knew exactly what went down in the rescue operation. I was watching Bill O'Reilly the other night, and he had on an Army colonel who gave some vague details. He said the SEALS and Rangers swarm the building and head directly to the POW. Once they grab her, they immediately retreat from the hospital. While in the building, they kill anyone that looks the slightest bit threatening. The colonel said special operations like that are successful because of how fast our men move and the fact they they are extremely violent and take no chances.
The basic scenario is the Rangers would have been put on the ground around the target securing the perimeter. They provide a blocking force to any reinforcements that might be sent prior to the extraction of the team. They would also cover the withdrawal typically being the last out.

Then the SEALS (or Delta) would do the door breaking into the target. They would have had rules of engagement for this type of target that would have allowed for engagement of targets that were considered a threat. Those rules of engagement are taken very seriously by these teams. They are more likely to not fire than fire.

The Air Force special forces mentioned were most likely combat medics or ground controllers to ensure that the forces found their way to the proper spot.

The infliltration method was not mentioned but it was probably all fast rope.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by DRB
The basic scenario is the Rangers would have been put on the ground around the target securing the perimeter. They provide a blocking force to any reinforcements that might be sent prior to the extraction of the team. They would also cover the withdrawal typically being the last out.

Then the SEALS (or Delta) would do the door breaking into the target. They would have had rules of engagement for this type of target that would have allowed for engagement of targets that were considered a threat. Those rules of engagement are taken very seriously by these teams. They are more likely to not fire than fire.

The Air Force special forces mentioned were most likely combat medics or ground controllers to ensure that the forces found their way to the proper spot.

The infliltration method was not mentioned but it was probably all fast rope.

Just watch BlackHawk down....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Damn True
Something just occured to me.

The same Hollywood that is so against this mission is now looking to profit from it.

hmmmmmmm

They speak with fork'ed tounge.
When we are done with Iraq we should invade hollywood. Kill everything that moves, except for sexy starlets. They should be distributed to the rest of the country as war plunder.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

The same Hollywood that is so against this mission is now looking to profit from it.

hmmmmmmm

Just as long as that crumb-bum Alec Baldwin ain't in it...

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA

hmmmmmmm

Holy jeez man-- "hollywood" is more than one person.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

hmmmmmmm

Two different Hollywoods.

One is the "artists" - actors, screenwriters, directors... notoriously liberal

One is the studios - producers, management, etc.... notoriously... um, bottom-line oriented, and responsible for all the mindless unoffensive feel-good drivel pumped into theatres these days.

Besides, this has made-for-TV, not Film, written all over it.