Quantcast

Once upon a time...(new bike content)

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I had a steel roadie, but a customer really liked it too when I was showing him bikes. It turned out that he was more impressed with 853 steel than full carbon, so I sold it. It was this bike, but with Truvativ Roleur compacts. It was DA STI, rear derailleur and the rest Ultegra. I also kept the fork, as the dude weighs close to 240 and I was scared to put him on a full carbon fork. It makes me nervous enough at 200.

Anyway - out with the old.

Now, since we are a Haro/Masi dealer, I took it upon myself to get an 06 closeout bike. I wanted something a little racier, and the Gran Criterium fit the bill, so it would seem. It is Ultegra 10 with 105 calipers and a Dura Ace rear deraileur. I talked Julie into letting me rob some brand new Ultegra calipers from her bike, in trade for the new 105s on the Masi. I swapped the fork and took it for a spin. It is more harsh on really rough stuff, but quicker on the climbs. I, unfortunately, have flatted on the R550 wheels on two rides, and just don't really like them. I don't want really high dollar wheels, but yurn for something lighter. I think I am going to pick up some Xero XR-1s next week at a distributor open house. They are around 1550 grams, but seem to hold up to some fairly big dudes, which fits my fat ass build.

So, without further ado, in with the new.