Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well it was an interesting day yesterday and now i am dealing with the leftovers.

Wife had emergency surgery last night - it went well.
However the lead up before she went in was a three day process so, my headaches picked up, anxiety peaked out, the tinnitus got turned way the fuck up, neuropathy in the feet came to party in both balls and brought all 10 relatives and in addition I can not sleep and have to pick her up in the morning.

Ain't Brain damage fucking wonderful!

I am so grateful that she will be ok, as she has stood beside me all through the brain injury thing and its aftermath. She still encourages me to ride, even with the severe inherent dangers my condition presents, even roadtrips with the DH bike. ( Hoping to be at Thunder with the DH bike for my 60th birthday in August) All she says is to make sure my insurance is paid up and to have fun. I seriously don't think I would have made it without her. She went to bat for me so many times when i was unable. For over 27 years like @bullcrew said, the woman will shank the cunt, and bury the body all with a smile on her face for me. I just wish she rode. For that I am actually a bit jealous of BC

Thanks for letting me vent. You guys rock.

michael.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Still sick, though slightly less so. Ill be WFH the rest of the week anyway so I don't spread this bundle of joy around.

Far cheaper than a visit to the ER.

PT this morning for my stupid shoulder.

Dark hot caffeine now

Anything can be a saw stop if it tries hard enough!

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away

Far cheaper than a visit to the ER.
Sawstop job site saw: $900 retail

ER visit in the USA for a worksite saw injury: far more expensive, then add on all the costs of recovery or adapting to your new fingerless reality...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Onsite at a maintenance facility today. Midday I have a virtual interview, but the expectation is as-if I was on-site - so suit. Then I have a retirement dinner for a colleague. And lastly Haley's FOX31 interview. Today is going to be busy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well it was an interesting day yesterday and now i am dealing with the leftovers.

However the lead up before she went in was a three day process so, my headaches picked up, anxiety peaked out, the tinnitus got turned way the fuck up, neuropathy in the feet came to party in both balls and brought all 10 relatives and in addition I can not sleep and have to pick her up in the morning.

I am so grateful that she will be ok, as she has stood beside me all through the brain injury thing and its aftermath. She still encourages me to ride, even with the severe inherent dangers my condition presents, even roadtrips with the DH bike. ( Hoping to be at Thunder with the DH bike for my 60th birthday in August) All she says is to make sure my insurance is paid up and to have fun. I seriously don't think I would have made it without her. She went to bat for me so many times when i was unable. For over 27 years like @bullcrew said, the woman will shank the cunt, and bury the body all with a smile on her face for me. I just wish she rode. For that I am actually a bit jealous of BC

michael.
sounds like you each picked a winner with each other.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin!

Kid A is out of the woods with his illness, but still wants to sleep in this morning. fine whatever, I don't have the energy to fight right now.

Because, kid B is getting sicker by the minute. Fever, sore throat and coughing. He "slept" in my bed last night, but was up at 3:30 and didn't go back to sleep. I think i was able to get another 2 hours after him.

On the bright side, I saw my elbow surgeon yesterday for my 2-week post-op follow-up. He was genuinely surprised at my recovery (the old man's still got it!) He cleared me to ride - he just said to take it easy. At this point it's like I'm recovering from tendinitis, so I need to avoid anything that makes it inflamed. I'll take it. I just have to sit out one more fucking snow-storm... They're calling for over 20 cm overnight. Good thing I had my boy put the summer tires on over the weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Pissing rain out. Praying to jeebus it doesn't snow over night.

Rain or shine, its ride night.

michael.
Damn son, all the best. Hope the wife is good!

60th at Thunder eh :nerd:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH because Monday off skewed everything. Still not getting texts from the wife, not that I'm complaining, just making note.

So far we have gotten past the half way mark on this demo project which is amazing. About a month or so after I was hired, we hired a network guru from Microsoft that had an impressive background. About 2 months in, he got sick and never got better. Not only that, but he never even wrote a single line of code. I'm not sure how long he was on the payroll, but it was too long. Our usual network guy took over and has managed to get this bitch off the ground. We have a long way to go, but we are farther than I expected.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Put the kayaks on the trailer last night, truck is fueled, camper just needs to have the fridge stocked. I'm heading out Friday to Lake Amador for a weekend of fishing. Somehow the CEO expects me to do 4 phone interviews with prospective EMTs whilst driving all over hell transporting Dialysis clients,

my fuckitall pill is in full swing

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A while back I started feeding the neighborhood cats since they all looked pretty rough and it was pretty damn cold. several months later I have a good idea of what I am dealing with.

Suspect list

BatCat
Gandalf the grey
Smash face
Cow cat
carrot top
Caramello

Batcat is the ring leader and has gandalf, smashface and carrot top in his crew, cow cat must live nearby but is very intermittent and carrot top and caramello only show themselves in the daytime so they must have homes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just touched my meat several times

leftover beef satay from the Thai place that is. got to move the pieces down the skewer so that they're in range to be dipped in the peanut sauce yo

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Somehow the CEO expects me to do 4 phone interviews with prospective EMTs whilst driving all over hell transporting Dialysis clients,

my fuckitall pill is in full swing
Aren't you the manager? Just tell him to stuff it or send one of your minions out to do your run. :busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A while back I started feeding the neighborhood cats since they all looked pretty rough and it was pretty damn cold. several months later I have a good idea of what I am dealing with.

Suspect list

BatCat
Gandalf the grey
Smash face
Cow cat
carrot top
Caramello

Batcat is the ring leader and has gandalf, smashface and carrot top in his crew, cow cat must live nearby but is very intermittent and carrot top and caramello only show themselves in the daytime so they must have homes.
New custom title for gff, "crazy cat lady"

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Couple days left in NorCal.

Novato house purchase simmering. HATE the bank I have to open an account with to get .125% off my rate...have to go to a branch for the second day in a row in person to prove I'm me; not boding well for logging into their site from Pakistan and El Salvador till I transfer locally...grr.

Did just realize Neuhaus Metalworks is also in Novato, and I think when I financially recover from the house purchase (maybe?), a Hummingbird is in the works for me, so to speak. Always wanted one, and now I'm going to be a local's local.

Two-car garage is gonna be sooooo nice for projects!

Taking kiddo to Six Flags in Vallejo to try and bolster her spirits as the "vacation" has been a lot of sitting around while adults adult...