Quantcast

/\/\onkeyfest Thursday!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
discovered beer.

case of 21st amendmend op crisis, (another) case of beer camp, and a case of cigar city florida cracker.

then went to appalachain brewing. double IPA on cask, ESB, india pale lager.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^^ true dat (is this GMT sponsored by McD?)

Hi. More interesting times ahead with moar shimz added every week. Also, good social ride last night but super swazzy.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Found out a woman from work died yesterday morning from illness, and a guy from work was hit and killed on his motorcycle yesterday on the way home from work.

Fvck.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Getting ready for my trip to Japan. Not looking forward to 14 hours in a tin can. Luckily I will not be flying over any war zones, except maybe Chicago.

Lots of plane crashes lately. That will not worry me, however I am paranoid about the Ebola outbreak. Might have to download 7 monkeys to watch.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
looks like we are gonna hire a new guy who will be direct report under me. the great news is that with the AIG salary freeze for nearly a decade and the current job market conditions being so good, the new kid on the block will get hired in at almost my compensation. I pointed that out to my boss and he had nothing to say other than "yeah." guess I need to get the resume out there.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
looks like we are gonna hire a new guy who will be direct report under me. the great news is that with the AIG salary freeze for nearly a decade and the current job market conditions being so good, the new kid on the block will get hired in at almost my compensation. I pointed that out to my boss and he had nothing to say other than "yeah." guess I need to get the resume out there.
Maybe he doesn't think you are worth more.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Feel like a 'traitor' today. Was asked to design and build a horse trail for Snow King (where I build mt. Bike trail).
Well, at least it will be ~7% grade.
The eventual plan is to have biking eventually eliminate the horses, but they don't want me expending additional time making the trail 'bikey', with berms and ****. Just platform switchbacks.
Conflicted ovah heah...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I had some of the best chicken wings last night. The sauce was perfect. It was hot, but not blow-my-ass-out-the-next-morning hot. The waitress was pretty rowdy too.

Work....is work today. I hate making phone calls to people I've never met, requesting help on something that I know nothing about.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Maybe he doesn't think you are worth more.
based on my recent bonus and mid-year eval, i'd say that isn't the case. it's the AIG HR nightmare. we had that small issue of a little bail out which locked up the comp adjustments. bonuses have been the only way to get a pay bump, and the total bonus pool is fixed, so if I get more than my target, that means someone else at my level got less than theirs.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
based on my recent bonus and mid-year eval, i'd say that isn't the case. it's the AIG HR nightmare. we had that small issue of a little bail out which locked up the comp adjustments. bonuses have been the only way to get a pay bump, and the total bonus pool is fixed, so if I get more than my target, that means someone else at my level got less than theirs.
well that is good to hear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ever read Hot Zone? It is hands down the scariest book I have ever read. Every time that virus finds a new host it just increases the chances of it mutating into an airborne threat. I am totally fine with an epidemic wiping out most of the world's population. I just don't want to get sick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ever read Hot Zone? It is hands down the scariest book I have ever read. Every time that virus finds a new host it just increases the chances of it mutating into an airborne threat. I am totally fine with an epidemic wiping out most of the world's population. I just don't want to get sick.
yea dude i read that. i had nightmares for like a month.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have. I can think of better ways to punch out. :panic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm in ur hospital, reading ur CTs and MRs. Rode the 29er to work yesterday and today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Are you on a fairly predictable schedule now? Time to ride bikes and/or drink beer?
Helping cart the toddler to local pools dominates my free time. Maybe once she hits high school? :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Went fishing this morning at Fairy lake, that road is effed, all I could think while I was four wheeling up it was "I wonder what kind of a line I can find on the dh bike here?"

After that adventure went home and started getting the baby room ready. Now cleaned out and carpets are vacuumed and shampooed. Now to start collecting some furniture over the next four months and I am good.

On a side note, my evening laugh has started, the fat girl across the street is doing her nightly I think I am hot yoga in her driveway. The fail that is her yoga is friggin awesome.