Quantcast

>>>Only Thursderp GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn freight train rolled through town at 2:30 am and the engineer decided that it was a good time to blast his horns at full volume and wake everyone up within 5 miles of the tracks. I'm 1.5 miles away and it sounded like the damn train was going to come through the bedroom wall. Asshole

coffee , bad attitude and the short bus...what could go wrong?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Damn freight train rolled through town at 2:30 am and the engineer decided that it was a good time to blast his horns at full volume and wake everyone up within 5 miles of the tracks. I'm 1.5 miles away and it sounded like the damn train was going to come through the bedroom wall. Asshole

coffee , bad attitude and the short bus...what could go wrong?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
While we're on your lawn, ain't no volume control on the horns, and the signal is required, but what the hay... I likes my nearby trains.

It's blowing from the south, s'posed to get up to forty or so, then a week of small amounts of snow coupled with ice storms.

Millstone and Kingdom Trails are reported to have good riding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My body decided to wake up at 5:30. Face feels a bit sun and windburnt today. Probably will order a car today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
While we're on your lawn, ain't no volume control on the horns, and the signal is required, but what the hay... I likes my nearby trains.

It's blowing from the south, s'posed to get up to forty or so, then a week of small amounts of snow coupled with ice storms.

Millstone and Kingdom Trails are reported to have good riding.
The trains roll through here all day and night most just hit the horn at the required spots for short bursts, this guy laid on the horn for 15-20 seconds at a time

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The local university as of this winter now allows Fat bikes on their network of groomed XC ski trails. Did a few laps on them last night after work.
I don't think the some of the local skiers got the same memo.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Another day, another swim. 2500 yards done. I had a rather enjoyable easy hour on the bike trainer last night, as enjoyable as that can be anyway. Final episode of Westworld threw me a wrench that I didn't see coming. Will start Stranger Things with tonight's workout.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was selected as participant from my discipline to discuss the culture here at work with a contracting firm hired to identify deficiencies in our business/manufacturing processes. I suppose to some this might be punishment, but I think it'll be good. Of course everyone I talk to says, oh yea, you are perfect for that...not sure if good or bad. :confused:

Dropping the truck off tonight to have a wee bit o work done at the fab shop. Rented the cheapest car possible through enterprise @ $17 for a day. I wonder what rolling turd I'll get.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
finger is acting up on me :(

stabbed it at the end of November with a wood chisel, appeared to be healing just fine, a clear "plug?" had formed and been there for about 1.5 months, slowly the skin worked its way down the surface covering up the plug, but now that the skin is getting close to covering the whole cut site up, the pressure has gone up a lot in this finger, and things are unhappy :(

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

My town is not ready for 4-way stop intersections. We're just not. Narrowly avoided being crushed at two of them this morning where people just rolled through without stopping at all. Dang.

I've got 10 bucks soft money on the over at 2 minutes for Pink singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl this year. You?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy crap it is Thursday already? For how busy I've been at work, I don't think I actually got much done this week...:confused:

finger is acting up on me :(

stabbed it at the end of November with a wood chisel, appeared to be healing just fine, a clear "plug?" had formed and been there for about 1.5 months, slowly the skin worked its way down the surface covering up the plug, but now that the skin is getting close to covering the whole cut site up, the pressure has gone up a lot in this finger, and things are unhappy :(
unplug it now?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy crap it is Thursday already? For how busy I've been at work, I don't think I actually got much done this week...:confused:
Holy crap it is NOT Friday already? For how busy I've been at work, I don't think I actually got much done this week...:confused:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

My shoulders are killing me from yesterdays ride. Feels like a good day to stay inside and play video games.

Was selected as participant from my discipline to discuss the culture here at work with a contracting firm hired to identify deficiencies in our business/manufacturing processes. I suppose to some this might be punishment, but I think it'll be good. Of course everyone I talk to says, oh yea, you are perfect for that...not sure if good or bad. :confused:
9-1 workshop with some kind of consulting group on nimble thinking strategies and planning or some such shit. KILL LIST

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I started a shit storm yesterday and I think it’s gunna rain today. So at my wrecking yards I got an area where there are a bunch of business across the street, it’s my aunts property. Well her tenants have been storing inventory and selling cars across the street on my property. There is literally no parking in the area, so I’ve had enough and said fuck that shit. I’ve warned these guys about a year ago that I was over it. As it happens people own multiple yards and so three of the seven business are also my tenants. So I offered to rent the parking spaces, which I did, to them. The streets asshole is now all upset about it. His words to me were “it’s not fair” to which I said just under a yell “ what’s not fair is when people take advantage of you and use your land to make money and not paying any rent!” That stopped his whining and just started some excuses, which were lies.

I imagine the rest of my parking spots will rent pretty quick today. Hurray capitalism.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I started a shit storm yesterday and I think it’s gunna rain today. So at my wrecking yards I got an area where there are a bunch of business across the street, it’s my aunts property. Well her tenants have been storing inventory and selling cars across the street on my property. There is literally no parking in the area, so I’ve had enough and said fuck that shit. I’ve warned these guys about a year ago that I was over it. As it happens people own multiple yards and so three of the seven business are also my tenants. So I offered to rent the parking spaces, which I did, to them. The streets asshole is now all upset about it. His words to me were “it’s not fair” to which I said just under a yell “ what’s not fair is when people take advantage of you and use your land to make money and not paying any rent!” That stopped his whining and just started some excuses, which were lies.

I imagine the rest of my parking spots will rent pretty quick today. Hurray capitalism.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another day, another swim. 2500 yards done. I had a rather enjoyable easy hour on the bike trainer last night, as enjoyable as that can be anyway. Final episode of Westworld threw me a wrench that I didn't see coming. Will start Stranger Things with tonight's workout.
i was hesitant about westworld based on the trailers. my wife convinced me to watch it. i was very pleasantly surprised. looking forward to season 2.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy crap it is NOT Friday already? For how busy I've been at work, I don't think I actually got much done this week...:confused:
:stupid:

Friggin snow removal guy started working in our court at 2:30 am this morning. It's a piddly little backhoe digger, so it requires about 5 hours of work, and lots of backing up. with that annoying little beep beep beep. all fucking night. fucker.

a few (maybe 4-5?) inches of fresh, fluffy snow fell overnight to cover the ice. going to ride tonight, but I think it will be a situation of ice covered in snow, with absolutely no grip. may head straight to the pub then...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS level is high. At least it's supposed to snow before the weekend and I got to drive the fancy car in today.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Fell asleep about an hour after i got home yesterday, Woke up just before 2100. Went to get some dominoes as they don't close until 1am. Turns out they lock the doors at 2100, and some guy was there bitching about it to some poor delivery kid that as no authority and just wanted to deliver the food. I didn't bring my phone to call into order and didn't wanna wait outside so i went to subway instead. Woke up at 0400 this morning because i fucked up my sleep schedule. I did some laundry, and my income taxes got approved. Hopefully i can get tomorrow off, because I'm ready to go camping/ kayaking.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lost my shit at my dipshit coworker yesterday who turns basic projects into decade long careers. He wanted me to sign an approval sheet for a plan he was working on. Except the approval sheet was a stand alone document with no reference to what I was approving. He said he needed my approval ASAP. I said I needed to read the document of which I have never seen in person. He was unable to show me any document.

This guy is getting serious pressure from leadership and is afraid for his job. I have tried to help him time and time again but he just doesn't fucking listen to anyone. I talked to one of his former managers to see if he had any advice. He told me that this dude doesn't take feedback from people and probably needs to get his feedback from life, in other words he needs time in the unemployment line to contemplate his place in the world.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's got smart cruise control. It makes the commute much easier. All I have to do is steer! :busted:
The concrete on the highways around here is so old that several inch deep wheel ruts are worn into the road. I can pretty much drive hands free al the way to work while the ruts keep me in my lane. It is actually hard getting out of the damn things, have to be careful not to oversteer when changing lanes.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Lost my shit at my dipshit coworker yesterday who turns basic projects into decade long careers. He wanted me to sign an approval sheet for a plan he was working on. Except the approval sheet was a stand alone document with no reference to what I was approving. He said he needed my approval ASAP. I said I needed to read the document of which I have never seen in person. He was unable to show me any document.

This guy is getting serious pressure from leadership and is afraid for his job. I have tried to help him time and time again but he just doesn't fucking listen to anyone. I talked to one of his former managers to see if he had any advice. He told me that this dude doesn't take feedback from people and probably needs to get his feedback from life, in other words he needs time in the unemployment line to contemplate his place in the world.
did you ask to do the needful on the priority?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

sounds like it's well deserved.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woooo got my bike back.

Picked up two Specialized Butchers for $44, for both. Not bad... Will be my first venture away from. Maxxis, that's scary!