Quantcast

Opiates & politics

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
prescription pain killers... because they needed to figure out a way to get more white people on heroin. had to keep the afghanistan conflict going somehow (largest opium producing region in the world) and the opposition needed (indirect) funding

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So Florida is riddled with racist, hispanic Trump supporters strung out on opioids who will happily continue voting Republican and perpetuating their own demise. Just not possible, nope not Florida.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They could however pay for a wall, maybe in return get exclusive use rights?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You know what? I hope Floyd does well.
Before they all started getting caught I assumed all those guys were doping. Never believed any cries of innocence when any of them got caught. But for some reason I feel like Floyd got the shaft. I have no reason to believe he was clean, but somehow think he was framed. :tinfoil:

Personal logical weakness.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Before they all started getting caught I assumed all those guys were doping. Never believed any cries of innocence when any of them got caught. But for some reason I feel like Floyd got the shaft. I have no reason to believe he was clean, but somehow think he was framed. :tinfoil:

The sport was under huge amounts of pressure at the time. They were all guilty as sin, and they needed a Patsy. Floyd was in the wrong place, at the right time.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The opiates didn't provide relief after the auger accident... mostly it was groggy anxiety. Then a friend supplied the cbd candy and it was night and day. The cbd candy provided relief and calming without the loss of comprehension.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a vet back in Virginia that started writing prescriptions for low level human grade opioid drugs every time I brought the dog in. I do not believe the intent was for me to give them to the dog.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had a vet back in Virginia that started writing prescriptions for low level human grade opioid drugs every time I brought the dog in. I do not believe the intent was for me to give them to the dog.
most animal rx's are just lower doses of people drugs

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The opiates didn't provide relief after the auger accident... mostly it was groggy anxiety.
Boy, did I have different reaction. I understand the attraction to an opiate addiction, which is why I will never voluntarily take another.

That just means you triple up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Well my point is that my local opiod dealer was a professional represented by legal organizations that lobby the government who is supplied by a corporation that lobbies the government.

The government is going very little to abate the opioid problems because the people that profit from it don't want them to do anything about the opioid problem.

Some towns are now going through hundreds of $1K overdose medications a day. Do you think that pharma company is going to support fixing the problem?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Boy, did I have different reaction. I understand the attraction to an opiate addiction, which is why I will never voluntarily take another.

When my mother passed I had vast quantities of left over morphine in various forms. One of the best decisions I ever made was tossing it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

All they ever do to me is back me up. I don't see the attraction, but I've only ever been given 5's, not the 100 all day slow release that you smash up and snort.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

I can remember melting into the couch one evening on generic hydrocodones and thinking I could feel my respiration rate slowing down... and really getting a front seat view of how people can off themselves on that shit.

Stuff is *wonderful* - well, except for the backing-up issue. I solved that with a whole fucking tub of:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

The sport was under huge amounts of pressure at the time. They were all guilty as sin, and they needed a Patsy. Floyd was in the wrong place, at the right time.
Didn't Floyd allow some woman to spend a butt load of cash on defending him when he knew he was guilty ? Also he spent over $2 million of his own money in the process. He's just as bad as Lanth and company.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
:stupid:

I can remember melting into the couch one evening on generic hydrocodones and thinking I could feel my respiration rate slowing down... and really getting a front seat view of how people can off themselves on that shit.

Stuff is *wonderful* - well, except for the backing-up issue. I solved that with a whole fucking tub of:

I'd rather die with a needle in my taint than eat prunes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Didn't Floyd allow some woman to spend a butt load of cash on defending him when he knew he was guilty ? Also he spent over $2 million of his own money in the process. He's just as bad as Lanth and company.

Like I said, I never had the illusion he was innocent. He cheated like everyone else. He denied it just like everyone else. But whereas everyone else seemed to be treated in a catch and release system he paid dearly for it, unlike others.

I actually respect him for ratting out Lance and the others. Until then the majority of fans really believed guys like Lance were innocent, he lifted the veil.

I am sure the sport is still pretty dirty, but not as bad as it used to be. But anyone who thinks cycling is dirtier than other sports is kidding themselves. The big pro sports have meek testing rules and when people do get caught they get slapped on the wrist, not to mention their pleas of innocence are generally believed by the public. Do people really think that NFL players got an order of magnitude bigger and faster in a single generation because of "Nutrition"? You really think that Peyton Manning didn't use any of the HGH his wife was buying by the drumful? Last I checked it wasn't her head that looks more like a mascot than a human.

Remember operation Puerto? The Scandal that took down a bunch of top riders? The list of implicated athletes contained more Soccer players than cyclists. Nothing happened to any of the soccer players.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1. I like prunes

2. if you're still reading, I hate opiates/opioids.
Every time I've been really hurt and was given morphine or some lab dope it makes me SO sick that I'd rather be in pain.