Quantcast

Opinions:Hamza says "allah crashed shuttle"

goosemagoo

Chimp
May 21, 2002
Virginia Beach, VA
Sometimes you just want another monkey's opinion. Comments on muslims like this.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12239411,00.html

HAMZA SHUTTLE OUTRAGE

Firebrand Muslim cleric Abu Hamza has sparked outrage by saying the shuttle disaster showed the mission was a "Trinity of Evil" punished with death by Allah.

Mr Hamza, who until recently preached at Finsbury Park mosque in north London, made the claim because the shuttle carried Americans, an Israeli Jew and an Indian-born Hindu.

Britain's shadow home secretary Oliver Letwin was furious at Hamza's comments, branding them "monstrous, appalling, dispicable and outrageous".

'Incitement'

He said: "All sensible people in Britain will be amazed that someone can engage in implicit incitement of this sort without anyone laying a finger on him."

The cleric, who has a hook for a hand and only one eye, injuries he claims he suffered fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, is banned from preaching at the mosque because of his inflammatory sermons.

He said British Muslims would take it as a "sign from God" that Ilan Ramon, the first Israeli in space, was killed over an area of Texas called Palestine.

He added: "The Muslim people see these pilots as criminals. By going into space they would have sharpened the accuracy of their bombs through satellites.

'Trinity of evil'

"These missions would increase the number of satellites for military purposes. It would increase the slavery of governance of other countries by America.

"It is a punishment from God.

"Muslims see it that way. It is a trinity of evil because it carried Americans, an Israeli and a Hindu, a trinity of evil against Islam.

"The fact that the motor of the craft fell on Palestine - all these are messages from God.

Mr Hamza, originally from Egypt, has been criticised for his radical brand of Islam from all sides, including the Muslim community in Britain.

Last Updated: 16:32 UK, Monday February 03, 2003

I say hook him to Bender's seatpost!:devil:

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
I am very surprised he has got some press in the Us.

They took the bait I guess.

Jan 25, 2003
los altos, ca
uhh huh, sure allah did it, did u just pray for him to stike down a few enemies, like that would ever happen. how long have they been praying and saying sh!t like"allah will kill all the westerners", hey look were still here. they want allah to be a few nukes they can launch on the world to screw everyone they hate, while thinking allah will save them from the after affects.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
What does this guy have against India now? Unless they're talking trash about India vs. Pakistan. I'm getting damn tired of extremeist anything....be that Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, leftists, right wingers...Psycho Freeriders...man.