Quantcast

Other stuff @ Whistler

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I'll be up for a week and know that I need one day off the mountain in the middle. What else is there to do to let the mind and muscles relax? Things I'd consider... Fly a kite, take painting lessons, XC ride, study homogeneous mixtures, rafting, golf, hunt Sasquatch, bungee jump...

What else besides DH?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Seriously, there are some nice hiking trails as well. I went there about 12-13 years ago so I couldn't remember what trails I hiked, but I remember it was very nice.

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
There is a hike called trainwreck that is pretty awesome. its more like a walk, super pretty. 2-3 hours out and back at a snails pace.

There are 3-5 lakes within just a few minutes of the village, all very pretty and I have always spotted lots of pretty women as well.

You can hit all those in a day as well, if you wanted

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I did this: http://www.superflyziplines.com/ It was pretty cool. I didn't pay for it, and I'm not sure I would, but lots of people seem to like that sort of thing.

You could also gorge on sushi or pick up and STD... there's lots of both there.

edited to add: when I stopped at "the dock" on lost lake after finishing Comfortably Numb, there were a few very pretty young naked ladies tanning/swimming there. It was a pleasant way to end the ride. It would be worth investigating at the bare minimum...

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Book a day or half day with Valley Fishing Guides. My girlfriend and did a week in Squamish/ Whistler last Summer and it ended up being the highlight of the trip.

Pricey but super knowledgable guides, top shelf gear, and we caught enough fish I was worried my arms wouldn't handle riding the next day.

www.valleyfishingguides.com

I'll be up for a week and know that I need one day off the mountain in the middle. What else is there to do to let the mind and muscles relax? Things I'd consider... Fly a kite, take painting lessons, XC ride, study homogeneous mixtures, rafting, golf, hunt Sasquatch, bungee jump...

What else besides DH?

What else besides DH?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Some of that stuff doesn't sound like much of a rest day to me.

Sleep late, hit the bong shed, eat a massive breakfast, fix your bikes, then go to the lake for day drinking and the view slyfink mentioned. (Or the brew pub if it's raining.) In other words, pretty much the same thing as every other day, except the bike park part...

If you're old and/or traveling with an S.O., springing for a massage can be good on a rest day.

Man I need to get back up there...